Colorado-Denver

Trends.

Okay, to clarify a trend is something that is hot now or has been for a few years.(Like cup cakes, colorful shoes, or sand ceremony) A tradition is something that has been done over many generations (taking of the name or walking down the aisle with your dad) I wanted to get that out of the way now, some girls on the other boards had trouble with the two....

Anywho, what trends are you doing this year. What trends are you thinking are over done now, what trends are you avoiding, and which do you wish would catch on...
Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Re: Trends.

• edited December 2011
    I don't think I'm doing anything trendy for mine.. LOL!  Maybe the ceremony music?  We're not having traditional music for anything... the seating of the mothers, WP entrance, flower girl/ring bearer entrance, my entrance and our exit song are all non traditional.  Instead of a sand ceremony (I have kids), we are doing a little family ceremony piece where the kids accept my FI into the family and he gives them a little something (the girls will probably get a bracelet.. not sure what to give my son! LOL)... and at the end of the ceremony, we're going to do a Sake ceremony with our parents (it's a Japanese tradition).  Other than that.. I really can't think of anything we're doing that's trendy.  Oh.. we got the photo frames with the mattes you can write on for our guest book instead of a traditional guest book.  Hmmm.... we're getting a bouncy castle obstacle course thingy too! Hahaha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i'm fairly traditional!

but i love the idea of cupcakes and a candy bar instead of cake. and i think i want to wear a custom made short dress with lots of color

i'm not sure though cause TK has influenced me a lot! things i wouldn't have ever noticed and now i want to do!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a sand ceremony, and including df's boys with that. I'm not wearing a veil. We're having a cupcake/cake combo. And Karoake!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing a cupcake tier with a cutting cake at the top, and platters of cake pops on the side.  I guess the cupcakes and cake pops would be considered "trendy" but I don't think it's something we'll look back on in the future and think  "eeew." (Which is what the word "trendy" means to me.)  The design of it all is, IMO, very classic looking.  Other than that, I think everything we've planned is pretty traditional. 

Agree with PP that much has been added to our wedding because of TK.  I've taken some great inspiration from other Knotties!
  • Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my brother as a bride's maid. He will wear what the groom's men are wearing but stand on my side. We are also having cup cakes and a small 2 tiered cake. I think those are the only non-traditional things we are doing!
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing red shoes with my dress. 

Everything else is failrly traditional.  We were going to do cupcakes instead of cake but the venue wants to charge us way too much for them.
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_trends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:3a47d22f-613e-422b-8750-aaba6efeefa9Post:02d7412c-bc9f-4b5f-9bee-54ac2c67b2e7">Re: Trends.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm wearing red shoes with my dress.  Everything else is failrly traditional.  We were going to do cupcakes instead of cake but the venue wants to charge us way too much for them.
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, I'm wearing red shoes too! And I just assigned a dress color to my girls
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great! Yeah, I just am looking through "trends" and wondering if any one follows them.  We went the non-traditional root with a lot of things, but the only trend I really put in was the sand ceremony, and the exit music was fun "white wedding" by Billy.

Some girls I have asked are starting to avoid trends that I think are neat, just because they are trends, Like the colored shoes, cupcakes. ect

I wonder if my non-traditional things (not exactly trends) will catch on. Like the button flowers and the red dress. Guess I will keep watching.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards