New York-New York City

City Hall Wedding transportation

FH & I are having a small NYC Hall (actually Marriage Bureau) wedding in April.  We have invied 25 closest friends & family to join us.

But now we're thinking since we live in Queens and everyone is coming from Queens/Long Island.  Maybe we need to set up transportation for people to get downtown?  Everyone drives but since we're going during business hours; there's NO parking in the area.  Would it be bad to have everyone just get their on their own and pay to park; or should we pick up the cost and get a Limo or bus to fit everyone so that no one has to worry about parking?

We chose the NYC location since it had recently been remodeled; but it would have been a lot easier to just do it in Queens!
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: City Hall Wedding transportation

• edited December 2011
    I think having a small bus - have eveyone one meet at one particular meeting place at a certain time and you can all go together.  I know you are incurring costs but I think it might be more cost effective this way than offering to pay for everyone's parking - city parkign could run $35/45 each.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks! the lease expensive quote i received for a bus has been $395.  that will probably be the route we go. 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for your help-after telling our 27 guests we were gonna get a shuttle for everyone; EVERYONE told us NOT to go out of their way; that they'll get there and not to spend the extra money.

So we may just get a town car to pick us up; and then meet everyone there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards