Chit Chat

So in today's episode...

Of crazy newbies. I'm mean and heartless because I told someone booking a wedding venue before they are engaged is crazy behavior.

Never a dull day around here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: So in today's episode...

• Send her to NEY so she can see how that goes.

Where was this madness?

• A friend of mine's brother was in a crazy spot with a girlfriend a while back.

Apparently the girlfriend and her parents started planning and booking venues and vendors for her wedding even though her boyfriend (my friends brother) hadn't even proposed or even thought about proposing.  Basically he felt pressure (not a surprise) to pop the question.  Needless to say that relationship ended before the wedding came to fruition.

• Well isn't Atlanta special...
  • cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    Hoboken, I usually agree with you, but I'm going to respectfully disagree. I do see your point, but I think if BOTH people are involved in the preplanning, it just means you're engaged without a ring.

If it's a solo venture on the girl's part, yeah, that's not ok, but if it's something they are totally 50/50 planning and working on, I don't see the big deal.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_so-in-todays-episode?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:29030f0d-0261-421d-a14e-edc663d79269Post:e77b7180-5ba0-4f30-81cb-0cbb0e5a3d02">Re: So in today's episode...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hoboken, I usually agree, but I'm going to respectfully disagree. I do see your point, but I think if BOTH people are involved in the preplanning, it just means you're engaged without a ring. If it's a solo venture on the girl's part, yeah, that's not ok, but if it's something they are totally 50/50 planning and working on, I don't see the big deal.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

My original question is what if the money doesn't come through which is a real possibility. Then it went off the deep end by someone that's not even the OP.

• Yeah, I was kind of ignoring the money element in my stance. 

In our situation H and I had tossed around the idea of not getting me a ring until our wedding day due to finances (him finishing up school), I don't see the ring as that big of a deal. My parents had offered some money for the wedding awhile back, so it was more an issue of him getting a job post-college to afford a ring. What my parents had offered was plenty to have a wedding. For us wedding money vs. ring money were two completely different pools of money. So that's how I was picturing their situation, and how I came to my opinion.

Either way that other girl did go off the deep end on you. 

• That girl was crazy!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All the deletes bug me. In that thread, the OP deleted hers, that you had quoted, where she called you mean.
  • Hoboken - I just read the post on the HM board...I wonder if SHE's not engaged yet...wouldn't that be funny since she's "just about got the whole wedding planned already".
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_so-in-todays-episode?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:29030f0d-0261-421d-a14e-edc663d79269Post:25b8d909-5ca1-4f03-b22d-c026320aa93f">Re: So in today's episode...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hoboken - I just read the post on the HM board...I wonder if SHE's not engaged yet...wouldn't that be funny since she's "just about got the whole wedding planned already".
    Posted by Jager1219[/QUOTE]

I mean she is asking about 2 years from now. I guess I struck a nerve.

• Yep - my thoughts exactly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_so-in-todays-episode?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:29030f0d-0261-421d-a14e-edc663d79269Post:e7576f48-e926-4318-bc5f-d5e178dcbada">Re: So in today's episode...</a>:
    [QUOTE]All the deletes bug me. In that thread, the OP deleted hers, that you had quoted, where she called you mean.
    Posted by NYCMercedes[/QUOTE]

It wasn't the OP. It's farther down on the list.

• In Response to Re: Choosing a date between babies : Not helpful, and sort of mean in case you were interested in my feedback...which I am somehow doubting. Posted by tfranco1018 I didn't see this quote of hers in your post anywhere in the thread.
  • I hate that a lot of people think you need the "grand gesture" proposal in order to be engaged. A friend of mine, IMO, was engaged. She and her boyfriend/FI were planning the wedding, they had set a date, booked a venue, and were custom designing a ring using her grandma's heirloom stone, but she REFUSED to call him her FI and say they were engaged until he made a huge scene and "surprised" her in front of allllll her friends to "propose". It's just like, seriously? He has since complied and made her happy by proposing properly and all is set to go for a summer wedding. 

Anyway, that was slightly off topic, but at least my friend's FI was in on the planning process and not completely blindsided like some of these poor schmucks. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_so-in-todays-episode?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:29030f0d-0261-421d-a14e-edc663d79269Post:4610a878-009c-43dd-b617-e95e81e18d99">Re: So in today's episode...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Add pathetic to the list. <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_date-and-baby-momma-drama">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_date-and-baby-momma-drama</a>
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]
    And heartless.
  • was a luker on that board. She was really rude to a few people, it was uncalled for. They were just trying to help, and giving their honest opinions. If she did not want them then she should not have posted. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_so-in-todays-episode?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:29030f0d-0261-421d-a14e-edc663d79269Post:1c4d6638-beba-4773-808d-e213d2945eb1">Re: So in today's episode...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So in today's episode... : And heartless.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

I know right. If I was heartless I'd let her continue on with her plans and look like a fool.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards