Missouri-Kansas City

Venue input please!!

I'm getting married in Kansas City in mid/late June 2011, and we have looked at about 30 reception venues, narrowing it down to our top 4. All of them have different features that we like/don't like but it's so hard to decide! Let me know what you ladies think, if you've been to these places or if you think I should rule a certain one out:

Uptown Theater (Broadway Room)

The Villa

Figlio Tower

Berg Event Space

Thank you!!

Re: Venue input please!!

• edited December 2011
    i only know the uptown theater and berg event space, but i like the berg.  i thought about it at one point when i wanted to go with a loft.  good luck!

I do suggest a place that has the table chairs etc there...less work for you!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to the Berg Event space for two different weddings and liked the space a lot.  I did tour The Villa when we were looking and really like that space but our guest list is just too big.

Maiya
  • edited December 2011
    I am a planner and work with different venues all the time. I love working with The Uptown! The Broadway Room is amazing. Have you looked at Terrace on Grand yet? It is right across the street from The Berg, but bigger, easier access, and they have a roof top deck you would die for!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Berg and I have also been to a wedding there.  I think it is a great venue if you are working with about 150-175 guests and are not looking to have a formal sit-down dinner.  We have also really enjoyed working with the people at Berg.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for responding! We are making our final decisions this weekend, so hopefully it will be a big relief!
  • amcguire1213amcguire1213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uptown is beauitful also try Bigham Waggoner Estate in Independence, Mo.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Berg too!!! Its a stunning location and everyone is really nice!!! And the tables/chairs/pool table and lounge areas on the site are very nice!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Uptown Theater (theater room) in June. I am so excited, and Kim is amazing to work with. That would definitely be my recommendation, I am so happy with everything they have done and they bend over backwards to make your day super special. Plus they have their own bar and in-house catering, which definitely makes everything a lot easier!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards