April 2013 Weddings

Is anyone else terrified?

I have my contract for the venue. All we have to do is sign it and pay the deposit. I absolutely love the place, the event coordinator there seems to really be on top of things and understand what I want. Both of our parents are helping out, and I know we already have the money to do this. Everything from here on out is honeymoon and moving out money. I am just so scared to sign this contract. It makes it seem real, which is exciting but scary. Did/does anyone else feel like this?

Re: Is anyone else terrified?

• it does make it more real!!!! FI and I were joking back and fourth about saying Are you really sure!?! lol You will have a huge sense of relief when you sign it and send it in!

148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yes I was totally terrified as well-- Mostly about the cost. We are paying ourselves.The bar bill is what frightened me the most. My fiance and I do not drink but of course the bar is a huge expense. I ended up choosing the venue that was a little more casual, and less exoensive and seemed to be totally willing to work with me on menu and hashing out things over the cost. So, I signed it and sent it off. Actually, I was  scared of not signing it too. This enabled me to start planning. I already got my invites etc.. Now I can plan everything around that venue. 
  • nay1984nay1984 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I knew I liked my venue but I think it is just such a big decision that nerves come from just wondering did you make the right choice as well. But if you love the venue do it, you will feel better after. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also nervous!  I am turning in my contract on Monday.  For some reason that doesn't bother me but the thought of lookng for a dress terrifies me!  I think as long as we look at this one step at a time it will all work out!  Good Luck and remember we still have time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the support! Other contract is in the mail and it is OFFICIAL!! I do have a huge sense of relief and just excitement for all the planning in the next year. So much to do!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_is-anyone-else-terrified?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:66602291-58d6-4ac2-b546-df738a5ae4e9Post:2cde71eb-f687-40c2-8539-35e765746ef3">Is anyone else terrified?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have my contract for the venue. All we have to do is sign it and pay the deposit. I absolutely love the place, the event coordinator there seems to really be on top of things and understand what I want. Both of our parents are helping out, and I know we already have the money to do this. Everything from here on out is honeymoon and moving out money. I am just so scared to sign this contract. It makes it seem real, which is exciting but scary. Did/does anyone else feel like this?
    Posted by svanculin[/QUOTE]

For me, deciding on our venue was the easiest part. That was all I wanted to do. Thinking about having to research vendors and finalize ideas is what is most scary for me.
  • congrats
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yeah am also terrified. i think its a good sign though. so lets be strong and make the decisions that will make us happy on our big day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards