Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

ceremony aisle

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for this situation. The location for our wedding will be at a music hall that used to be a church. the problem I am running in to, is how to get everyone down the aisle(s). the seating is set up in a U shape with an aisle on each side.  should everyone come down the same isle? and not use the other? or any creative ideas would be much appreciated Laughing

Re: ceremony aisle

• Do you mean that you have a two aisle church?  That's easy.  I was married in a two aisle church, and now I'm the organist is a two aisle church.  Here's how we typically work it:

Picture yourself standing in the back of the church looking toward the altar.  During the processional, the WP walks down the left aisle, which is also the aisle for the "bride's guests" or "bride's side".  The ceremony takes place at the altar, and then the recessional has the newlyweds  followed by the WP, going out of the church via the right side (groom's side) aisle.

Works like a charm.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Are you traditional? I'm a big fan of mixing things up... is it possible for the girls to walk down one and the guys to walk down the other and maybe meet up a steps from the altar?  If not, I def think Trix's suggestion is a perfect solution.  Good luck with it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • thank you everyone!! I think we are going to do the up the one side and down the other side. I really appreciate the idea!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards