Military Brides

Happy Friday!!!!

Anybody with fun plans for the weekend? Other than Cal and Sami, who I know are going to Disney World. :)

I'm just looking forward to finally having a work-free weekend. My plans include sleeping late and doing nothing as much as possible. Maybe dinner and a movie one night if I can talk FI into it. Yeah, I'm definitely counting down the hours until I get off work. How bout you ladies?

Re: Happy Friday!!!!

• Haha, yes, I have to work a full day and then head off to see Sam!  That's what's up for my weekend.  Oh, and surviving today without quitting... which is getting increasingly difficult.... but only 7 more weeks!

Anniversary

• Tomorrow is my cousin's son's one year birthday party. I'm going to help her with a few more arts and crafts projects (decorations) this afternoon. Tonight she's having people over since her step daughter is in town. I guess I have kind of an exciting weekend. I'm jealous of Cal and Sami though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hello!! No plans for the weekend for me yet as H is gone. I should be working tomorrow but not sure for how long. Also hoping to meet up with Beach sometime this weekend, or sometime soon at least!
  • Yep, I'm definitely jealous of Cal and Sam. Disney World has to be one of my most favoritest places on Earth! (I know that's terrible grammar but I have to get across just how awesomely amazing WDW is. Haha.

Cal, just hang in there. You can do 7 more weeks. After that, not only are you getting out of your job, you're getting out of Miami! I hope you girls have a blast at Disney, and I for one want to hear all about it when you get back! Oh, and pictures with princesses. You HAVE to do pictures with the Princesses! Laughing

Sammy, I think it's really sweet of you to help with the decorations. Hope you have fun!
  • Good Morning!!
    No big plans this weekend really, H and I are having a few friends over tonight to play cornhole (with our super awesome personalized cornhole boards from the wedding :) ) and then Saturday we are going to do some shopping for clothes for our HM and then Sunday is church day for us and coupon clipping day.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and an awesome weekend.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Eh, not much going on this weekend. Working today 12-5:30, then FI and I will squeeze in a quick dinner date before I have to head to my other job at 7:00 til midnight or so.

We should probably do another deep clean on our home again this weekend. Other than that, I guess I could get some wedding stuff done.

We just sent out our invites on Monday, so I'm excited to get a flood of RSVPs in the next few weeks!
  • Hey guys, I'm still really sick. I have a massive headache but I don't want to keep taking Tylenol because it isn't helping that much anyway. My headache is so bad, I'm seeing spots. I think it MIT be a migrane. Ugh
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my first weekend that I am not traveling in over a month. I will sit on the couch…doing nothing…I might go spend some money on ME instead of the wedding… pedicure? Shopping?

I have been feeling pretty depressed lately; maybe this is normal wedding stress, but I feel really alone. FI isn’t here and everyone else (family and friends) seems to be MIA.  I am verrryyy close to just canceling it, getting married in the in the priest’s office and running away without telling anyone.  Not because I have a lot to do… no I’m 95% done, but because I feel like no one would care if I did that… and it would save me a lot of money and everyone would still be happy.
    Photobucket
  • I found this and it made me smile...

This is going to be me in 7 weeks...

Anniversary

• Morning ladies!
    Are Amanda and Binx the next in line? WOOO HOOOO LADIESSS!

Ugh, I am so jealous of Cal and Sami. I am guessing Sami won't be online today since she'll be driving all day, right? How long are you guys staying out there, Cal?
    As for weekend plans, I have none. H has a crap ton of studying to do, finals are next week. I am probably going to start packing for Vegas this weekend (I have to coordinate outfits and all LOL!)

We are trying to figure out what to do out there, and so far it looks like we will be seeing Blake Shelton on Saturday night! SO FUNNN!!!
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Speaking of Blake Shelton....does anyone watch the Voice? The girl that got voted off his team last week... Adley? Girl that had a big headband.....

FI knows her... they went to high school together and they were good friends, his parents told me they  suspected she had a crush on FI and always wondered why they never dated. HAHA. FI told me she was a couple of years younger than him and wasn't even on his radar except as a friend..
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:25f099f4-5ca2-4aac-b00a-d3ea587bb1ebPost:05236bd5-4eff-4cfa-8b38-728da4e97e7a">Re: Happy Friday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! Are Amanda and Binx the next in line? WOOO HOOOO LADIESSS! Ugh, I am so jealous of Cal and Sami.<strong> I am guessing Sami won't be online today since she'll be driving all day, right? How long are you guys staying out there, Cal?</strong> As for weekend plans, I have none. H has a crap ton of studying to do, finals are next week. I am probably going to start packing for Vegas this weekend (I have to coordinate outfits and all LOL!) We are trying to figure out what to do out there, and so far it looks like we will be seeing Blake Shelton on Saturday night! SO FUNNN!!!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

Probably Sam won't be on until 3pm or so when she gets to our hotel, probably before she passes out for a nap.

We'll be there 3 nights - all day tomorrow and Sunday in the parks, and drive home early Monday morning.  I'm going to try to get back to work by 9am, so leaving Orlando around 6am.  Coffee, coffee!

I'll take lots of pictures, and spoil Sam rotten!  She needs some Disney Princesses in her life to cheer her up.

Anniversary

• That's so awesome Cal! Awww MB Disney sleepover extravaganza! :)
    I'm jealous, did I say that already?

WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS COME OUT TO CA! ALL OF YOUUUUU
  • H and I are starting the road trip to see family and friends. Hike I hope you feel better. Cal and Sami have fun.
  • edited March 2012
    Amanda - I know exactly what you mean. Up until my wedding morning I wanted to do that. But really - youll thank yourself for not doing it on your wedding day. At least I did, when we finally sat down and ate and I looked around - it all clicked and I was really really happy I hadn't eloped.

Yay for Fire, Amanda, and Binx - you girls are up next and soon!! Try to not stress - I know its hard, but try not to.

I learned the hard way no matter what nothing will go right - my mom was more concerned about my dog than my dress and me getting dressed, we were running 30 minutes behind, my parents didnt even get to the rehersal, oh and they read the wrong prayer during our prayer of the faithful - mind you we wrote our own. Moral of story - it will be perfect, mistakes and all.

Crown - Have a safe trip!!

I'll go to CA to see you CAB, I actually have a great friend in San Fran :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm on spring break yay!!! This weekend I'm visiting my grandma and my parents to celebrate my dad's bday, and catching up on studying and homework.  That's pretty much it for now.  I'll have a better answer next friday b/c I'll be visiting H!!!!
  • Amanda-I'm not nearly as close as you are, but I know the feeling. It seems like my family is running really hot and cold (we've been on cold lately) about the whole wedding thing and FI's away and I wonder if the whole thing is too much trouble. I keep reminding myself that it's going to be fantastic. And I know yours will be too. They'll come around and your FI will be back and it will be wonderful. 

I am going to eat a "puffy taco," whatever that might be, funnily enough I haven't had Mexican since I got back to Texas, go figure! My friend that's getting married in May is coming here, so we're going to have fun, if the thunderstorms don't ruin it. 
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Amh - Oh my goodness... do we have the same mother? I swear that is something my mom would do, thank goodness the dogs are being boarded for the wedding. But the thing is, my mom is really sensitive so if I bring something to her attention that is bugging me...she thinks she a terrible mother...melt down ensues....blah blah blah. I try my best to just pretend all is well in the world.

Divine - I feel ya, I have been planning the wedding entirely on my own (With FI's input) which I don't mind, I'm a control freak so I actually like it..but when it comes to the things THEY are supposed to do.. ie shower and bachelorette party...it never gets done. Which is sort of disappointing... 

On the other hand... I am going to miss Mexican food SOOOOO much when I move to FL.  We went to an 'authentic Mexican' place in Atlantic Beach (Jacksonville Beach?...all the SAME!)  and it was terrible, the margarita was good =) but that was it. My cheese enchiladas tasted like velveeta in a tortilla, the taco tasted like they just put hamburger in a taco shell and put cheese on top. 

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards