April 2012 Weddings

Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only Emotional Mess?

So, I'm a pretty emotional person. I can cry pretty easily, so this whole wedding process has been quite interesting. I cried when we picked out our venue. I totally cried while picking out our first dance. I'm probably going to cry when we go get apply for our marriage license. 

I was just working on the reception announcements for my uncle who volunteered to MC and absolutely lost it when typeing 'for the first time ever, Mr & Mrs G and R LastName!  

So, what part of wedding preparations have made you get emotional?

Re: Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only Emotional Mess?

• Nope.

I'm going insane.

Right there with you. :)
  • I definitely get emotional when choosing songs too. Same when I think about walking down the aisle. 

I did not cry when we got our marriage license or picked our venue, but you're not crazy! This is such a powerfully emotional time! I was just surrounded by 4+ people those times, and I can't usually cry in front of a crowd. Usually I will only cry alone, in front of FI, or a close friend. Growing up, my dad was very stern with me about crying (he said it was a sign of weakness) and it's been hard to undo. I don't even think about it anymore. 

You may remember my older post about feeling kind of numb and how it hasn't "hit me" yet. I think this is a product of my dad's attitude. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I am emotional because work is driving me crazy and i feel like i dont have enough time to do things. Im ready to pull my hair out lol
  • Glad to hear I'm not alone. I don't have a lot of hair, so I can't really afford to pull it out. I already need extensions for the day-of! My nails are completely bitten off. I don't even realize it, but I'm nibbling into the cuticle now. So gross.

@em0 I'm sorry to hear that about your Dad. I guess everyone has a different philosophy. On the contrary, sometimes I think my emotions come out too much! 
  • edited March 2012
    Uh... everything.  I got teary with the rings, the venue, listening to the songs, even tasting the cake (no lie). I'm sure the next 2 weeks are going to be water works all the time.
  • chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

I haven't been emotional yet...but i know it's coming.  FI thinks i'm joking, but Cannon D makes me cry...my MOH and flower girls are walking down to it, so i'm hoping I can get it under control before I walk on the day of. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_please-tell-me-im-not-the-only-emotional-mess?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:a8807106-3209-4a07-8d54-0ed417082961Post:5d168105-2782-48a0-b1cd-f5171880476f">Re: Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only Emotional Mess?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad to hear I'm not alone. I don't have a lot of hair, so I can't really afford to pull it out. I already need extensions for the day-of! My nails are completely bitten off. I don't even realize it, but I'm nibbling into the cuticle now. So gross. <strong>@em0 I'm sorry to hear that about your Dad. I guess everyone has a different philosophy. On the contrary, sometimes I think my emotions come out too much! </strong>
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah my dad's just one of those classic tough guys. He wanted a boy and didn't know how to raise a girl as a girl. It's been a blessing and a curse. I hate it because it makes me seem cold/insensitive some times, and I really am not like that at all, but I guess it's good because it kept me from crying (though they would have been tears of joy!) when my supervisor offered me the job yesterday. Believe me, it was in there! </div><div>
    </div><div>This is such a hectic time for all of us in one form or another. Everyone deals with problems differently! Crying is normal. I'm the weird one. As long as you aren't chasing people around with a frying pan, I think you're ok! ; )</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_please-tell-me-im-not-the-only-emotional-mess?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:a8807106-3209-4a07-8d54-0ed417082961Post:0c252f4d-0b00-43f0-baca-eb6bbfae14d2">Re: Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only Emotional Mess?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only Emotional Mess? : Yeah my dad's just one of those classic tough guys. He wanted a boy and didn't know how to raise a girl as a girl. It's been a blessing and a curse. I hate it because it makes me seem cold/insensitive some times, and I really am not like that at all, but I guess it's good because it kept me from crying (though they would have been tears of joy!) when my supervisor offered me the job yesterday. Believe me, it was in there! 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]
    Aww, I'm sure it was! My FI actually mentioned that he feels bad that he isn't more outwardly emotional in that way. Like we were watching wedding recap videos (you could imagine my waterworks!) and he commented on how most of the grooms started to cry when they saw their brides. He told me that it's not that he won't be happy to see me or won't think I'm beautiful, he just isn't programmed to cry. Showing emotion that way wasn't an option in his family also. He was worried that he'd look coldhearted. I told him not to worry. Let's face it, everyone will be looking at me being a blubbering fool anyway! 
  • chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    So I can still chase people around...just drop the frying pan....got it!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wanted to read my vows I wrote to FI before I sent them to the officiant so she could finalize everything. I couldn't even read them out loud to him. I was too nervous/shy! So he took my notebook and started reading them out loud. When he got to the part that I told him what a great father he has become to my boys, and how lucky we are to have him in our lives, etc., he started tearing up. Of course I was HYSTERICAL the whole time. What else is new.

Needless to say, he now knows exactly how I feel, and we are doing generic vows, because if I can't even read them to him in private, how am I supposed to do it in front of everyone we know?! Not happening!! LOL
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • rlavachrlavach member
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_please-tell-me-im-not-the-only-emotional-mess?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:a8807106-3209-4a07-8d54-0ed417082961Post:359b2887-14fa-43cb-9d04-20c835aeab0f">Re: Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only Emotional Mess?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted to read my vows I wrote to FI before I sent them to the officiant so she could finalize everything. I couldn't even read them out loud to him. I was too nervous/shy! So he took my notebook and started reading them out loud. When he got to the part that I told him what a great father he has become to my boys, and how lucky we are to have him in our lives, etc., he started tearing up. Of course I was HYSTERICAL the whole time. What else is new. Needless to say, he now knows exactly how I feel, and we are doing generic vows, because if I can't even read them to him in private, how am I supposed to do it in front of everyone we know?! Not happening!! LOL
    Posted by faerylvr27[/QUOTE]
    Aww, that's so beautiful! Our church is strict, so we all do the traditional vows. I'm super happy about that. I'd be the same way. I want to write our own vows & then give it to each other as part of our wedding gifts. Then I thought...do I really want to cry hysterically the morning of and then have puffy eyes? Umm...no. Maybe we'll wait until the next morning to read them together. 
  • I cried after my first meeting with a vendor. Since then I've been holding it together pretty well. I have a feeling that the emotionalness is going to kick in a few days before the wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_please-tell-me-im-not-the-only-emotional-mess?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:a8807106-3209-4a07-8d54-0ed417082961Post:f91a85aa-27f6-42b4-bb37-cd6bc6ca09bf">Re: Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only Emotional Mess?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I can still chase people around...just drop the frying pan....got it!  :)
    Posted by chickenbut143[/QUOTE]

<div>Bahahahaha. You so funny. =P</div>
  • we our writing our personal vows down and are planning to have our MoH/BM give them to us 10 minutes before the ceremony! I'm gonna be sooo puffy the day of!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OH yes, I've been an emotional mess too..  trying to pick out a father daughter dance has been the worst for me.  But pretty much all the other music has made me teary as well.  Just had final fitting  last week with my sister in law/MOH and seeing her in her dress made me teary as well, and then thinking of it being my last fitting..  I got like 3 gifts at my shower that made me cry too..  Yeah..  this whole process has been an emtional roller coaster..  happy, sad, frustrated with no time/planning.. then happy again.. then feeling accomplished, then tears again.. uyyy!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope. I'm a total wreck! Panic attacks every other day. I'm also starting a new position at work on Monday, so I'm stressed out about that. I'm basically there for a week and then off for 3 weeks for the wedding. I hear ya, girl! Btw, I'm also a crier. I cry at the drop of a hat normally, so the wedding stuff making me super emotional was to be expected. Hang in there - we're almost there!
    Visit OrangeCounty.Weddings.comWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have definitely been emotional too - but less coming out and tears, and more coming out in stress/anxiety. I cried on the way home from getting our marriage license though!
  • rlavachrlavach member
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_please-tell-me-im-not-the-only-emotional-mess?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:a8807106-3209-4a07-8d54-0ed417082961Post:58f2cdbb-37fa-4e8c-9ad4-f4ac47a0f96d">Re: Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only Emotional Mess?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we our writing our personal vows down and are planning to have our MoH/BM give them to us 10 minutes before the ceremony! I'm gonna be sooo puffy the day of!
    Posted by mmy101[/QUOTE]
    Oh no, I'm not NEARLY strong enough for that. ALL of my makeup would be in a puddle on the ground!!<div>
    </div><div>And like many of the PP, my emotions range WIDELY throughout the day. I do a whole bunch of work and feel so accomplished and zen. Everything is great. Then I look at my to-do list and TK checklist and start to hyperventilate and flip out. Ugh, what a vicious cycle. It'll be over soon!</div>
  • <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_please-tell-me-im-not-the-only-emotional-mess?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:a8807106-3209-4a07-8d54-0ed417082961Post:812cfb22-71fb-4c49-abf2-410920230b79">Re: Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only Emotional Mess?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't been emotional yet...but i know it's coming.  FI thinks i'm joking, but Cannon D makes me cry...my MOH and flower girls are walking down to it, so i'm hoping I can get it under control before I walk on the day of. 
    Posted by chickenbut143[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!! I met a few weeks ago with our Church organist. As soon as she started playing it, i teared up.  I know i will be fighting back the tears at the actual ceremony. I cried when i found my dress and i teared up after my stylist did my hair trial and she put on the veil.

My Fi laughs at me at how i always cry to sappy love movies. I'm such an emotional person, i can cry at those sad puppy mill/ adoption commercials. He always jokes and says "here comes the water works." LOL. </div>
    Photobucket
  • Your not the only emotional mess , i'm right there next to you !!!! i was watching tv the other night & they were talking about someone who was having a hard time had won money & i started to cry , commercials make me cry , thinking about the wedding makes me cry , i am starting to think i should get eyelash extensions and my eyeliner tatoo'd on so i don't mess up my makeup , cause i know i'm gona cry !!!!! LOL

we will all get through this ! Congratulations to you all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards