African American Weddings

Natural Hair Styles for Wedding

I'm having a hard time trying to find a hair style for my big day.   My hair is completely natural (no dreads).  I typically wear my hair in two strand twists, a single curly puff, or all out.  Not really sure what I want to do for the wedding.  Any suggestions, websites, pics, stylists?  I'm in the DC NoVA area.

Re: Natural Hair Styles for Wedding

• OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a natural hair stylist to recommend.  We haven't figured out what to do with my hair yet, it's super short so I'm probably rocking a fro.  This is a natural hair salon and she only works wih natural hair.  And miracles of miracles if your appointment is for 5 pm she is ready for you at 5 pm!  Her name is Tamara Smith urbannaturestyles.com 202/321/2051 
  • edited December 2011
    Please le tme know what you come up with.  One of my brides maids is COMPLETELY natural!  i used to jjoke with her that I would force her to straighten her hair for my wedding, obviously I would NEVER do that, especially since the humidity would make it look a HOT MESS with in 5 minutes.  Nonetheless, I am interested in styles to suggest to her since she is very ecclectic and I am the exact opposite.  Just interested in seeing what you come up with.  Thanks!!!
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to check out a site called curlynikki.com if you haven't already.  You can post something on the forum or check out the different hairstyles on her site.  I used to know natural hair salons in DC, but I haven't lived there in ages, so I can't think of any right now.  GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards