Wedding Reception Forum

Centerpieces without flowers

I am debating on not having flowers at all for our centerpieces. Our wedding is in July but with costs of florists it just seems crazy to spend so much on flowers. Were renting violet table cloth overlay (wedding colors are violet and green) and think just a white candle in a hurricane lamp might be our centerpiece (theyre free with venue too!). Too little? Our wedding is at a nice golf club. What are your thoughts? Any other inexpensive ideas that we could add that would make it look a little more nice? Thanks :)

Re: Centerpieces without flowers

• Wondering if you came up with an idea. I'm in the same boat. We have 35 tables at our reception and i can not afford real flowers for centerpieces. The reception hall provides the glass hurricane candle holders and mirrors on each table, but I am thinking of adding articial roses i found at the dollar store inside of the tall center hurricane instead of the pillar candle and have 4 small votive candles surround it. That way it gives it the hurricane, candle and flower look. (kind of like the picture attached, but without the pillar in the middle. Also my colors are sapphire blue and silver. So the napkin under would be blue. I could also possibly do silver marbles inside the hurricane and then a white rose bud sitting on top.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards