New York-Upstate

Seneca Lake Hair & Makeup

Hi all,

I am getting married at The Ginny Lee at Wagner Vineyards on Seneca Lake.  I am looking for hair stylists and makeup artists for myself, my bridal party, and the mother of the groom/bride.  I am open to traveling either to Geneva or Watkins Glen if there is a fantastic salon there.  I am even more open to having someone travel to myself and the bridal party.  Any thoughts or inputs would be appreciated! Smile

~Lyndsay

Re: Seneca Lake Hair & Makeup

• Good luck, I'm getting married at the same spot in October, and finding someone for this has been a GIANT pain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker I feel like I'm counting down the minutes until I marry my best friend
  • I found a few beauty salons in Geneva that had good reviews.  I may investigate them a bit more.  Who are your other vendors?  I have pretty much nailed down our DJ, bakery, and florist but not any others.

• I'm actually getting married at Ginny Lee next September!  Who are you using as a florist?  We went with Danielle Gerritsen for our photographer.

We are out of state so everyone is staying in Waterloo... I was looking at salons around there and found Studio Salon in Geneva. http://www.studiosalonandspa.com/
    Since I'm out of town, I'm not familar with the area, but it seemed nice compared to others I found online.
  • Highly reccomend Simply Hair right across the street from Seneca Lake. My aunt owns it. Good luck!
  • For our photographer we are either bring someone with us from home (Pennsylvania) or Rick Bacmanski.  He photographs a lot of the Wagner weddings!  I haven't committed 100% to a photographer, so I'm still open for suggestions.  Haven't picked a florist yet! You?
  • JennardsJennards member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    The florist is next on our list.  Someone told me Wegman's actually does a really nice job with wedding flowers.  I've also heard great things about Plenty of Posies... she is one of the vendors at the Ithaca's Farmer's markets and she grows all the flowers she uses at her flower farm.  Those are my top picks at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards