Connecticut

2 random questions??

hey girls!!

how much did you pay for your JP if you had one?

what are your thoughts on a rehearsal brunch or lunch instead of dinner?

thank youuu!

Re: 2 random questions??

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about the JP question, but as far as the rehearsal brunch/lunch- my only concern would be which day you'd have it on.  Depending on your guests, they may have work or may be taking a half day.  Plus, when would your actual rehearsal be? in the morning? 

We knew that everyone participating in the rehearsal had plans to come to Mystic on Friday anyway but everything was scheduled late enough so that they could leave in the late afternoon and still make it to our rehearsal at 6PM (dinner 7:30PM). People who were more local didn't have to take a day off unless they wanted to.

Good luck!
  • reckert7reckert7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is on the Sunday before Memorial Day so the rehearsal would be saturday morning because the ceremony place has a wedding later that day so we wouldn't be able to rehearse that night there.
  • edited December 2011
    As long as it's on a Saturday bring on the brunch! Who doesn't love when you can have french toast and pasta at the same time :)

I had a JP, but she was my Aunt so she gifted her fee. Normally they range from $100-$250
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

That sounds fine to me. Since it's a holiday weekend most people (in the wedding party anyway) are probably planning on giving the whole weekend to the wedding anyway. I'd check with a few key members of your bridal party to confirm, but I know I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • cdbishopcdbishop member
    edited December 2011
    I agree, I think a brunch/lunch is fine seeing as the actual rehersal will be around that time.  As for JP, I don't know as i am getting married in a catholic church.
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_2-random-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:d3706736-fc04-469d-b052-a89dbbd8aaf7Post:b7215a1c-7c56-4ac5-a6b5-10d5d56025b5">Re: 2 random questions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is on the Sunday before Memorial Day so the rehearsal would be saturday morning because the ceremony place has a wedding later that day so we wouldn't be able to rehearse that night there.
    Posted by reckert7[/QUOTE]

Oh nice- that sounds like an awesome idea!
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure of the JP cost.  The brunch sounds fun but would just depend on your crowd. 
  • edited December 2011
    Our JOP is $150
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My JOP is only $75 but thats because shes a friend of mine and Ive known her since kindergarten but she normally charges $100.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our JP was $200, which from what I understand is about standard for hiring an outsider (ie. not having a friend/family member do it for you).  He did a great job and was very experienced and professional and friendly and filed our marriage license/certificate promptly.  Can't ask for more than that!

As for the rehearsal brunch, since your wedding is on a Sunday, then that sounds fine.  Most people have a rehearsal dinner late in the evening on the night before their wedding, but a lot of people get married on Saturday so like PP said about people working and not being ready to party until later on Friday night that is why most do a rehearsal dinner.  And I have to agree with the PP that said who doesn't love an occassion where you can have pancakes/french toast and pasta at the same time! lol
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011

Our JP is $200..includes her presence at our rehearsal, and her wireless mic system. If you are looking for recommendations, I love my JOP :) I agree with the brunch/lunch idea....it's something different and unique. Plus it would allow you to get to bed that much earlier to get your beauty rest!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • reckert7reckert7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!

kfesta who are you using as your JP?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards