Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Did anyone do speeches/announcements without a microphone?

Following the advice of this board, I found someone to be the MC at my wedding. However, most people suggested that I get a mircrophone for him and for everyone making a speech. My venue, however, says that they usually don't use microphones and don't think I need to get one.

I'm not sure if I should follow their advice or not. My crowd is about 65 people and the space is not very large. However, I want to make sure everyone is heard. Has anyone not had a microphone before? Was everything okay?

Re: Did anyone do speeches/announcements without a microphone?

• Options
    My dad didn't use a microphone for his toast. We had about the same number of people in a small-ish space. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    That's not many people.  I don't see why you'd need one necessarily.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I don't think you will need one.  When the toasts are being given it isn't like the person will have to yell over a noisy crowd because hopefully everyone will shut their trap and listen!

Now if you were having a wedding with 300+ guests in a huge ballroom then yes, a microphone would be needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards