Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hotel for guests

My ceremony and reception are about 40 minutes apart from each other.  I am wondering should I suggest hotels near the ceremony, or near the reception?  Or maybe I should suggest hotels by each and let the guests decide?  There is going to be 3 1/2 hours in between the end of the ceremony and the start of the reception.  Any suggestions?
June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel for guests

• Well you might not get some good reactions from the board regarding the large time gap. 

However, in light of the large gap, I would say near the reception site.  They could go chill there for a bit, and then not have to drive so far after a night of partying.
  • 3.5hours? Why?

I would pick a few hotels near each location and let them choose.
  • I would pick one closest to the reception or maybe somewhere in the middle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd pick them closer to the reception, or if there are some in the middle that'd be good too.

Gah, that's an awful long gap.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  •  Near the reception site. I'd assume they'd want to go back to the hotel during that rather large gap. I'd also want to be close to the hotel after the reception.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Give them both but I think most people will go for close to the reception.  They can relax after the ceremony and be closer to their beds after the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have 3.5 hours in between because the reception is going to be at my parents house where we are self catering.  We have to allow about an hour for pictures, 40 minutes for driving, and someone has to pick up all the food and then bring it to the house for set up.  We are allowing about an extra hour for any screw ups or time running over.  We don't want guests arriving at the house when no one is there and no drinks are out and no food is out since it won't be there until my mom picks it up on the way.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
    My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My suggestion is to scrap this plan an start over. 40 minutes is too far and 3.5 hours is too long.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Amber, I hate to tell ya, that sounds like a recipe for disaster.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • 1. Do pics before the ceremony or do them while your guests are enjoying a "cocktail hour." It's not nice to tell your guests to go find their own thing to do while you're off getting pretty pictures. That's why cocktail hours were invented.

2. You should try to set up the reception site the night before or the morning of - then hire people to pic up the food or find a way to have it delivered and set up to minimize this gap as much as possible.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards