• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
January 2010 Weddings

Surprise First Dance

My Fiance and I are thinking of doing a not so traditional first dance. We are thinking of starting with a normal first dance song and about a minute into it cut into a more funky song like baby got back. You may have seen this type of thing on a show before. I was wondering if anyone has done this before? What song did you use?  What did your family say? Thanks!

Re: Surprise First Dance

• I didn't do this because to me, the first dance wasn't an entertainment act, it was my first dance with my husband as his wife and it was a nice time to just be close and tell each other how in love we were. I'm so glad I didn't do a funny first dance. Also - I kinda think they're getting overdone. I think every DJ I met with had one on their video. It is up to you and your personalities, but I'm glad I didn't do it.
  • Ditto musgral, it's not our thing and I think it's wayyyyy over done.  Unless you're professional dancers and have the skills to pull it off, it can look sloppy and stupid.

Also, the song Baby Got Back?  Really?  At a wedding?  Really!?  It's about a guy who gets boners and girls with big asses.  Not appropriate.

DH and I used our first dance as a moment to talk to each other and be alone for the first time since we'd said "I do."  The song we picked had very special meaning to us too, which made it even more special.
    image image
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • can you pick another song? if so, then i'm all for it. i would just feel weird to be dancing to that song in front of my parents, that's all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards