New Jersey

addressing save the dates?

Hi girls...so we finally got our save the dates in and now comes the happy task of writing out the envelopes (sarcasm).  We have a few single friends and family members who are all invited with a guest...my question is, do we put "& guest" on the save the date?  I've asked around a bit and the consensus is no, but I don't want them to think they are invited as a single, so I am thinking of just going ahead and putting the "& guest" on there.....

Thoughts?  Does it even really matter?  Am I getting wedding brain and obsessing over stupid things that no one really thinks about anyway?

Re: addressing save the dates?

• GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker

For my single friends, I addressed the envelopes to My Friend & Guest.  If they had a boyfriend or girlfriend and were serious enough that I knew their name, I put that on the envelope.  It will save you the headache later of people asking "can I bring someone"?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_addressing-save-the-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:5314dc73-f0a5-42e2-95bc-1a8cc4da0470Post:b1cdb0b4-098b-44ed-8262-2e4244ea2056">Re: addressing save the dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For my single friends, I addressed the envelopes to My Friend & Guest.  If they had a boyfriend or girlfriend and were serious enough that I knew their name, I put that on the envelope.  It will save you the headache later of people asking "can I bring someone"?
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

Ditto this....I was making myself crazyyyyy thinking about what to do and all the opinions of people and decided I don't need the headache again later so I just did it now...
  • For single people, we just sent the STD addressed to them.  When we send the invite, we're adding + guest if we do not know their name. 

• If they had a SO, I put them on there for the STD. IIf they didn't, I addressed it just to the single person.

• I included & Guest just because I think I'd want to know if I was single whether or not I could bring a date.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The etiquette is that you do not have to indicate this on the STD. You would put "& guest" (better if you know their exact name) on the inner envelope of the invitation, if you have an inner. I would refrain from putting "& guest" on STD to guests who are truly single. As in, no relationship at all. A lot can change from now to then & it is a whole lot harder to explain why you can't have a guest anymore than it is to give them a guest. If you insist, only do it for those who have a SO. 

Really, why would you need to know that far in advance if you can bring a date or not? Your date may not even know if they'll be available by the wedding date anyway.
  • hmm...lots to think about- thanks for all the feedback ladies!
  • We didn't do it in case we had to make cut backs later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards