DC

How much should I expect to pay for a caterer in DC

How much should I expect to pay per person?

I do plan to have a cocktail hour, hour de vours (sp) and am wanting to have a buffet.  The wedding will be in the fall, and food would be served during the dinner hour.

Do most caterers come with a bartender, or is that separate?

Did anyone get a really great caterer for cheap?

Re: How much should I expect to pay for a caterer in DC

• This is a pretty broad question my dear. I can tell you I'm paying about $70 per person. It breaks down to a welcome drink, 4 hors d' oeuvres, 2 passed and 2 stationary. Dinner buffett with salad, chicken, beef and pork, vegetarian option, and 2 sides. We're offering 2 late night snacks along with a coffee and tea bar. This does not include cake!

There are a ton of options. You can find places to cater for as little as $25 a plate. Keep in mind you do get what you pay for... and I know that from personal experience. Make sure you do your research and contact those references!
    Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I recently met with "uptown catering" and for $120 a person you get a welcome drink, 4 passed and 4 stationed hors d'oeurves. It also includes a plated two entree meal, champagne toast and wedding cake and a coffee/tea bar. Finally, it includes 4 hour premium open bar with bartenders. Another caterer around this price range is putting on the ritz. I have heard though that buffets are cheaper. Personally, I am going with a plated meal because that last couple of weddings that I went to people had to wait in line to get their food. I wanted everyone to receive theirs at the same time to be more relaxed. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have gotten a few quotes from caterers with alchol included. I think you can expect to spend anywhere from $70-$100 per person, on the reasonable end. Any less than that you will have to be careful to try the food and make sure you love the options. Any more than $100 per person I think is a little pricey so I would make sure its worth it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards