Destination Weddings Discussions

Would this look odd?

I don't mean to be blowing up the board with questions, but I have some downtime at work and trying to get moving on some more wedding decisions.

I'm working on the Boutinnere's...

FI isn't fond of wearing a flower...  I'm not exactly sure why, but he asked if he had to wear one...lol  So to make him happy I was thinking of something like this:

To me it looks manly enough and it's simple... He likes it... and really that's probably all that matters...

But I figured I'd ask anyway...  would it look odd for his bout to not match my bouquet?  The bridesmaids won't have flowers, they will all have parasols.  I will be the only one with flowers... well besides our mothers who will get corsages.

Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary

Re: Would this look odd?

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I think it's pretty cool and I don't think it matters that it won't match your bouquet!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Wow, that is really neat and original!  I actually like that better than a flower!
  • I think it's pretty cool! It doesn't have to match, it goes with the theme.
    Btw my bridesmaids are having parasols too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like it!! I think it'll look really cool. I want to do something similar for FI. 
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies!  I just ordered the shells to make them ;)  And they were pretty cheap... the shipping was probably more than the total cost lol....  but for less than $20 I will have 5 bouts ;)

I will post them when they are done.

Anniversary
  • I like it.  Is it going to be white on white like in the picture or are your shells colored?
  • The shells will the the same color as in the picture.  I'm thinking of using an orange ribbon for FIs and a fuschia ribbon for the GM.  I'm not sure if I should do that or stick to the raffia like in the pic.

Anniversary
  • I love it!!  Simple but elegant.  I think it's a great choice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very cool! I think it will be great!

DW Siggy Challenge: Table Numbers-Jimmy Buffet Songs
    imageAnniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Jen, where did you order from? I saw something similar to this with a starfish and I liked it but FI said I must be smoking something because I was crazy! So.....I am going to show him this. It is much more "manly". 

If you want to get the raffia look, they sell it in a bunch of different colors so that is an option. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really like it and it's great for a DW!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Nicole... I ordered them from here:  <a href="http://seashellcitymi.com/public/storefront/index.php?categoryID=98" rel="nofollow">http://seashellcitymi.com/public/storefront/index.php?categoryID=98</a>

The lady contacted me yesterday and said that she is out of town but will ship them to me next week.  I'll post a pic of them when they come in.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_would-this-look-odd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:b29cd072-4500-428e-84fc-567b21a780afPost:727864fa-151d-40ca-8378-bdc2c3939b54">Re: Would this look odd?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen, where did you order from? I saw something similar to this with a starfish and I liked it but FI said I must be smoking something because I was crazy! So.....I am going to show him this. It is much more "manly".  If you want to get the raffia look, they sell it in a bunch of different colors so that is an option. 
    Posted by nicolej518[/QUOTE]

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards