New Hampshire
Options

Hello!

Hi New Hampshire Knotties!  FI and I live in, and are getting married in Maine, but we were thinking of doing a Honeymoon in the Lakes Region. I was looking into Lake Opechee Inn- has anyone stayed there before, or heard any reviews of this hotel????   Thanks in Advance!

Re: Hello!

• Options
    I'm sorry I don't have any reviews on this.  It has been dead around here lately.  Have you checked out trip advisor yet?
  • Options
    We considered it for our wedding, and actually have been there for a work Christmas party. The Inn itself is gorgeous, exactly how the pictures look, maybe even better in person. The surrounding area though.... Eh. It's a little boring, and drab. You would have to drive to get to anything other then a few little whole in the wall type places up the street. If you are looking for gorgeous, and private, and really just want a beautiful room to spend a few days (like a honeymoon should be ;-) ) its great. If you want to have places to go, and things to do, it wouldn't be my first recommendation. 

We did Stowe, VT as a birthday getaway last year, and we have fallen in love with it. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a New England escape. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any reviews for you but congratulations on your engagement!
  • Options
    Congratulations and Welcome!
    I haven't been to that one sorry. We got engaged near Steele Hill Resort, very pretty place, it's near Tilton and other areas with things to  do. Also you could do the Omni Mt Washington Hotel, I think there's alot to do in that area too. There's some nice hikes around the White Mt region like The Flume, Lost River, The Basin and there's also polar caves.
    They have some ziplines and a place called Alpine Adventures near Loon Mtn. There's also (as far as I know it's still the first of it's kind) mountain coaster on Mt. Cranmore in North Conway.

Let me know if you want more ideas. I have stayed in a few places up there usually just do day trips.

Why has the NH board been so quiet lately?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! I haven't been to or heard of that specific hotel, but I wanted to say that the Lakes Region is a great location for a semi-local honeymoon!  There is a lot to do there during the non-winter months, and it's beautiful! :) I would definitely check trip advisor for reviews. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! all so helpful!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards