Nevada-Las Vegas

Wedding Guest Attire

We are getting married at the chapel in the Imperial Palace. Not many guests, maybe 50 and it's a pretty low-key event. We are doing a double decker bus after the reception. My guests are asking me what they should wear... 

So my quesion is, what is normal attire for a Vegas wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Guest Attire

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-guest-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d47e26c9-b819-4ccc-ba80-926f61c94bd6Post:91d058af-2385-4dd4-bc42-c4bcf0476345">Wedding Guest Attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at the chapel in the Imperial Palace. Not many guests, maybe 50 and it's a pretty low-key event. We are doing a double decker bus after the reception. My guests are asking me what they should wear...  So my quesion is, what is normal attire for a Vegas wedding?
    Posted by lacih44[/QUOTE]

I think it really depends on what your reception plans are. Like for us, we are getting married at Mandalay Bay, then having a dinner reception at Hussong's then after dinner going to THEmix for drinks and dancing. Seeing THEmix has a dress code, I made sure to put on our wedding website that the lounge has a dress code so they don't show up wearing jeans :) Other than that, it's Vegas, so anything goes!
  • I would tell them to wear whatever they feel comfortable in, depending on the weather. Ladies may want to opt for a longer skirt or pants or bring a cardigan to wear with their dress, just in case it's cooler on the bus later that evening. Men may want to bring a light sweater or sport coat.

Most of our guests will probably be in dresses, slacks, and a basic shirt with or without a tie. Where you have your ceremony and reception usually gives them a good idea of what to wear.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Most of our guests wore dressy clothes and we didn't specify.

Guys wore suits or at least dress pants, shirt, tie and a sport coat.  My stepson didn't wear a jacket at all.   But he did wear a shirt with French cuffs and tie.  My mom kind of complained about that, but I honestly didn't care at all.  He looked very nice. He's early 20s.

Almost all the ladies wore dresses.  My aunt wore a really cute pants outfit with a mildly sparkly top. 

I got married in Sept, so it was still pretty warm (but not Vegas ridiculous)- 90s for the most part.  It poured rain the day we got married.
  • Oops. I thought you were getting married in April, not late May. It'll probably be pretty warm at night. :) The ladies should be fine, even in a dress.

I haven't noticed a huge difference between Vegas weddings and weddings at home. Everyone still dresses like it's a wedding, even if it's at a little chapel on the strip. It might not be as formal, unless you have a formal venue, but I've never seen anyone in concert t-shirts or club wear. It's still a wedding, and most people realize that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If the weather could be hot at the time of your DDB ride, you may want to let the guests go a little more casual rather than more dressy; i.e. I normally always wear a suit or tux to a wedding even if it's mentioned or 'known' that pants and a shirt are okay, but if I knew I'd be riding around on a bus in 80+ degree weather, I'd definitely go with pants and just a nice shirt so I'm not baking or wrinkling my suit.

Our wedding was completely in MiX at Mandalay and we preferred guests dress up but didn't require it, so we made it known via word of mouth and our website something along the lines of 'ladies, don't be afraid to break out the ball gown and gentlemen, if you have a nice suit or tux, you won't feel overdressed by wearing it, but wear what you feel comfortable with and you'll be fine either way."  Most of our guests went on the more dressy side and some did just pants and shirt, but it was fine all around, no one tried to sport a tank top and shorts lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I only had 7 guest and they ranged from suit/tie to khaki and/or jeans and button down shirt. I told everyone to come as they feel comfortable and my husband and I are both very laid back people. Heck, I wore flip flops with my (sun)dress. After all it is your day, guest attire wasn't a big deal to me. Looking back at the photos I am more then happy with how everything came out. If I were looking at my brother in a suit it would be very odd.
  • KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    Speaking of dress codes, I found out in Oct that apparently some bars and lounges, are no longer letting womens in flats into the bar. one girl wore flats with us and we had to beg them to let her in, she is giant - almost 6ft - so they let her in because really she already towers over everyone else. Just beware of that. I do think it is BS though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is the craziest thing I've heard in a long time. Flats are now unappropiate shoes? I'm 5'9 and always (well 99% of the time) wear flats because that's what I'm comfortable in. I don't like towering over everyone.
  • im 4 10 and i rarely wear heels because i have no cartlidge in my knee and i dont like heels unless they chunky
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-guest-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d47e26c9-b819-4ccc-ba80-926f61c94bd6Post:8da7e057-a5dd-478b-b677-48c36b1b6287">Re: Wedding Guest Attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]im 4 10 and i rarely wear heels because i have no cartlidge in my knee and i dont like heels unless they chunky
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]

WOW! What bars are these?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards