Illinois-Chicago

What is your biggest wedding fear?

I'm with Sparkette, the board is dead today! So....
What is your biggest wedding fear? (Silly or serious)
Mine is walking down the aisle and having no one there because everyone is stuck in TRAFFIC! (Friday 4:30 pm ceremony in downtown Chicago)
What's yours?

Re: What is your biggest wedding fear?

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on December 18. I'm afraid that there will be a blizzard, causing lots of guests not to come.
  • ondreaflynnondreaflynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traffic on a Friday at 4:00 will suck.  Hopefully you've prepared your guests.  

My fear varies daily.  Today I fear I won't get the invitations out in time and everyone will be mad and not come. :(
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

That I will trip walking down the aisle. I'm very clumsy, so it's definitely a possibility.

• edited December 2011
    That the timing that day will be off. We'll either be super early to our reception (best case scenario) or we'll be late and stuck in traffic on the way there since we are coming from the city (worst case scenario)
  • edited December 2011
    I am worried that everyone I invited will come (I know I know, I am supposed to be prepared for that, I am, but you know what I mean). We have a patio we can use to hold the entire amount, but my wedding is in April so it could be snowing! Ahhh! My venue keeps saying, oh you invited 230, you will only have 170! haha, gosh I hope so!

The RSVPs are coming in and of course all the yes's come first! Stresssss!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, and that I won't be ready on time. I've had the same dream twice where our hair and make up weren't done and I just had to throw my hair up in a ponytail, put on some lipstick and go

I think that's a fear because as a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding her hair and make up person ran waaaay behind and I was the last one to get done and my friend had to do my hair
  • edited December 2011
    I just really hope it doesn't rain. 
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I have had a similar dream twice in the past month or so that I'm at my wedding but I don't have anything planned more than what is done right now.  I have all of my vendors, but not the details (music, timing of the day).

Realistically, I am worried about spilling wine on my dress during our ceremony (Jewish wedding means two glasses of wine! - typically red!)
    Married!!
  • edited December 2011

That when my dress arrives in a few weeks I will discover that I ordered the wrong size or color or - worst case scenario - the wrong dress!!!  And then I will have to rush back out to the stores and frantically try to find something else.  I wish the darn dress would just get here already so that I can stop worrying!

• edited December 2011
    1 - that it will rain 2 - something will happen to my dress 3 - future husband will get lost en route to church and be late

i agree with ondreaflynn, the fears change daily
  • edited December 2011
    Rain!
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with you on the rain!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image