Hawaii

Invitations out in groups

Hola! So II've been trying really hard not to be pushy about people getting their lives together if they want to come to Hawaii but it appears that a majority of people won't see the urgency until they get an invite. (November 27 wedding) So even though its a bit early, FI and I are going to send invites next week (4 months out) due september 1st (3 months out) because really if you haven't made plans by september, there's a good chance you're not making it.

Question: Is 3-4 months too early for Hawaii locals to be getting invites? Should we make a second grouping invite party in another month or two? Normal wedding invites go out like 1-2 months out right? I'm afraid people are going to forget and lose my invitation since it's far out and not on radar for locals? Am I just being a micromanager?
Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
Planning Bio

Re: Invitations out in groups

• edited December 2011
    8 weeks are about the norm for local invites - but I think it's best to send all the invites out at once.
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to send our invites out 4 months before our wedding with the RSVP's being due 3 months before the wedding.  We simply have to have numbers for our caterers/chairs/etc., so we through the traditional rules out and are just doing what works for us.  If people don't like it - too bad for them! 

I think people would prefer to have more notice than less, so I would send them all out at once if I were you. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Ha! I didn't even answer your question. I totally agree with AK - 4 months is fine. The rules weren't created with DWs in mind!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours out 3 months in advance, and I think 3-4 mos. is ok for a DW.  I'd send them all at the same time so ppl don't think you have an A and B list.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married one day after you last year and I mailed out all my invites around this time and asked for a response date of August 28. Mind you, I was still calling and emailing people asking for their responses as late as October. So I was happy to send them out early because I needed to finalize the budget and, inevitably, you will have to go after the stragglers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    i'm a local and the wedding i'm going to in october is a local wedding too but the invites were sent out i think 3-4 months out...it isn't the norm but I can't say I didn't appreciate it.  It definitely helps no matter what... :) she didn't send out STD's so it did help with announcing her marriage :)

on the flip side we got an invite maybe a month out...the rsvp was due within a week to two week period...that was a little hard...it would have been better if it was a whole lot earlier :)  

i think you're fine though.  people will appreciate it and your invite will grace their calendar for a longer period of time :) (that's where the october invite sits) :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • edited December 2011
    I just sent out my Save the Dates...and although it may have been tacky I put RSVP information and that it was due Aug. 1, which is about 5 months from our wedding.  In our case though there are a few people that I didn't send them out to and may be inviting if a few of those people on my list decide not to come.  But unfortunately I think with all weddings you still will have some people not RSVP, but come.  I think if you feel you need to send them out soon to de-stress yourself...do it!  After all, it is your wedding ;)  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards