Arizona-Phoenix

It's Official!!

It's official! We are getting married June 18th, at The Wright House in Mesa!! We signed our contract last night. I can't believe it. Everything still feels like a dream.

Now its time to find a caterer, photographer, cake baker, I still can't find a figurine cake topper, bartender, dress (I know a lady that owns an alterations shop), my FI doesn't want a DJ but I'm still on the fence (we'll have music of course, just not sure about a DJ) So much more I don't know where to start. 

Has anyone worked with Atlasta Catering? Coffee and BakerWee for a cake? Addy's Bridal on Thunderbird? 

We live almost in Anthem and our wedding is in Mesa. Should we look into vendors closer to Mesa or will that matter?  

What about guest hotels? Should we look for some that are close to our parents house or closer to the venue? Are we expected to pay for those or make a welcome basket?

I almost can't sleep at night because I have so many thoughts running through my head and its not even close to our wedding... I apologize in advance for any random posts from here on out. 

Re: It's Official!!

• edited December 2011
    Yay!  Congrats on one of the bigger steps being done and checked off the list!

I haven't really heard anything about the vendors you mentioned. Hopefully someone has some experience with them to share with you.

I don't think it matters too much for most vendors what part of the valley they are in compared to the venue.  We had a lot of vendors from the opposite end of the valley, and it really didn't change pricing or anything like that much if at all.

We worked with Mike Maez Photography, Piece of Cake Desserts for our cake, and Joe with AZ Celebrity DJ (our DJ actually just did his 800th wedding!).  I would highly rec any of them!  They were all perfect for our day and we couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out.

For guest hotels, we picked ones that were close to the venue, and had a shuttle. It's something to think about especially if you will be having alcohol, to make it easier for guests to get back to the hotel safely and easily.   Our guests paid for their own hotel, but we did do a big welcome dinner and invited everyone that came from out of town, which was pretty much all of our family and some friends. 

Don't worry! You have time to get everything done....  just make a list, and tackle one or two things at a time, and you'll be done before you know it.  =)
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Atlasta catering on a business event and they were WONDERFUL. The food was delicious, there was more than enough food, and the servers were fantastic.

I think you should choose a hotel close to the venue for your guests. No you don't have to pay for their rooms. It would probably be nice if you made a welcome basket (we'll probably put in some Arizona tea and prickly pear margarita mix).

Thanks to Syndelin, FI and I have a tasting with Piece of Cake on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it! 

You've got plenty of time, just hit the big things first (venue, photographer, caterer, DJ), and the rest will fall in line!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011
    As far as cakesgo... Grace @ Graceful Cake Creations if fabulous!!!  Her cake was moist, delicious and she is quite the artist... Try her!!
  • edited December 2011
    Rachel Curry Photography is AWESOME!  Great prices and Rachel is fabulous!

rachelcurryphotography.com

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I haven't worked with any of your vendors either, but it sounds like you're off to a good start!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Arizona Inspiration Catering - amazing food, and affordable!!!!
    I chose let Them Eat Cake for my cake, she has fantastic flavors
    DJ will be Got You Covered - their reviews are outstanding
    Photographer is LA Wright - she is very down to earth, and again, affordable

As for Baker Wee - I LOVE them HOWEVER - as far as custom cakes?  I was extremely disapppointed in my son's skatebaord cake I ordered a few years back.  I would not order anything intricate or complicated.
  • edited December 2011
    As far as a bridal shop?  Arizona Bridal Wearhouse in Mesa has the best service hands-down.  I did not get my dress from them but I was with a friend when she was dress shopping.  They are in Mesa, but so worth the drive from Anthem.
    I WISH I went there when I was looking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards