Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Number of Hours for a Photographer

Hello Knotties.  I'm struggling trying to decide how many hours I need to hire a photographer for.  My event including the reception will be 6 hours.  I want to make sure my photographer gets photos of me getting ready and also of the room and our decorations.  I want photos of the shoes and my ring in the bouquet, etc.  How many hours before the ceremony starts do you think I need a photographer?  Is one hour enough or would two be more reasonable?  I'm guessing I wouldn't need more than 2 hours before the wedding.  Thanks!

Re: Number of Hours for a Photographer

• Options
    Our photographers showed up approximately 2 hours prior to the ceremony, so it was about 3pm and they stayed until our exit, which was 10:30pm.

The main photographer came to the suite the girls were getting ready in and did pictures of all of us and her husband went with the guys for pictures.  They both shot the ceremony and then we did pictures of DH and I during cocktails.  They took a break for their meal while we all ate (post-toasts, dance) and returned about 30 minutes later to photograph the reception as people started mingling/dancing.
  • Options
    There are a handful of wedding professionals that offer length of event services, including some photographers. Look into those and you do not need to worry about the hours. We hired a photographer that booked out for the day and it gave us piece of mind and less stress in that one area.
  • Options

I was having a first look at 4:30 and wanted to have my photographer there from the time I got dressed until the end of the night so I hired her to arrive at 4:00 and leave at midnight (8 hours).  She got there about 3:00 and started shooting which was nice, because I probably would not have gotten my details if she hadn't come early.  Whoever you hire can also help you with your timeline.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards