Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding Party Dance

I am having trouble finding a song for our wedding party to dance to. PLEASE HELP!!

Re: Wedding Party Dance

• edited December 2011
    I would look at your WP's personalities and how many of them there are. Decide if you want a slow dance or fast. For slow, I would make sure all of the couples are comfortable dancing together. I personally prefer a fast tune. Something fun like "The Cupid's Shuffle" or Black Eyed Peas "Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night." I also like Chris Brown's "Forever."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Do they want to dance together?  Really?  Did you ask them?
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin made us do this at her wedding. Luckily I got to dance with someone i knew, one of my cousins (her brother).......it was so awkward, i just imagine it was just as bad for everyone else who didn't know their parteners. Ask your WP if they feel comfortable with it first. IT WAS AWKWARD!
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    oof....this sounds like a bad idea.  awkward.....
    dont do that to your WP!
  • redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    is this a dance where the WP dance with thier SO's or one of those group dances as a performance? i agree with the PP's. you need to make sure absolutely everyone is totally comfortable with the group dance. and if it is a SO dance, that any single persons in the WP are ok with sitting out or have a friend they are close enough to that dancing wont be awkward.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone i was thinking about starting with a slow song and then going to a fast one.....here is south louisiana it is common for you to have one
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-party-dance-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:4f06b723-c7e2-4485-b40c-630f3f84ee37Post:bed6e1dc-2f93-40f8-8e9e-8354566134c5">Re: Wedding Party Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks everyone i was thinking about starting with a slow song and then going to a fast one.....here is south louisiana it is common for you to have one
    Posted by pblb2011[/QUOTE]

if you want to do it....fine...obviously its your choice.  but just b/c its common, that doesnt mean you HAVE to do it.  just sayin...
    if something was "common" - but i knew it would make my best friends and family members uncomfortable...i'd probably opt out.  not every wedding needs to be cookie cutter.
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-party-dance-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:4f06b723-c7e2-4485-b40c-630f3f84ee37Post:44aaf893-7651-4d57-849a-43d7f2a3e0f3">Re: Wedding Party Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Party Dance : Wrong.  I grew up in LA, several years of which were spent in Nola and Baton Rouge.  Never saw one at a wedding.  They may be common in your circle still, but it has nothing to do with where you live.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't think it is that common. When my cousin made us do it, I thought it was lame and never had neard of it before. I don't think guests like to watch any of that anyway. I've lived in NOLA all of my life.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• garcias1garcias1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the WP dance is very specific to your situation.  Do the GMs and BMs know each other well?  I was in a wedding where I had to dance with another GM.  The WP was pretty close because a lot of us went to college together and were in a sorority and fraternity that were brother and sister.  So it wasn't weird that I had to dance with a GM who wasn't my FI.  The main reason the bride and groom did this was because they didn't want to dance to a whole song by themselves with all eyes on them so they asked the WP to join in halfway through their first dance.

Of course, I have no idea what the other guests thought of it (besides FI), so maybe from their perspective it's weird, who knows.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • edited December 2011
    My WP is dancing to Love Shack by the B52s
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skip it! Many people don't like to dance to begin with, but then making them dance with people who may be esstentially strangers? Let your wedding part enjoy themselves with their dates/significant others, not having them worry about making it through some awkward dance.
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards