African American Weddings
Options

Tuesday Tips

I am SUPER late with this but I will leave it open and let everyone just throw out tips on any and everything...

GO FOR IT LADIES!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Tuesday Tips

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Knotties-You've got to get to the nearest bookstore and buy 1001 Things Happy Couples Know about Marriage by Harry H. Harrison, Jr. FI and I were reading it this weekend. We love this book it has some of the best advice! We've only read up to #323 I can't wait to read the 678 other things...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully nobody is using a hot comb any more, but if you are STOP. Flat irons are the way to go. If you are trying to go natural make sure you use great products: Miss Jessie's, Kinky Curly, Jane Carter Solutions, etc. Also drink water, I'm preaching to myself on this one.

PS - I just assumed we can post comments about NWR topics.
    Birthday Anniversary
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tuesday-tips-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5e10f930-65b7-42c8-9501-5e5bab6858b8Post:40146e0b-b17b-4e56-a411-4b5d055b854f">Re: Tuesday Tips</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully nobody is using a hot comb any more, but if you are STOP. Flat irons are the way to go. If you are trying to go natural make sure you use great products: Miss Jessie's, Kinky Curly, Jane Carter Solutions, etc. Also drink water, I'm preaching to myself on this one. PS - I just assumed we can post comments about NWR topics.
    Posted by mrsblakemore[/QUOTE]

Girl yes!
    Its doesnt have to be WR at all!

As far as hot combs, I get my hair done every other week and she uses the hot comb for my edges and then she uses the flatiron...I cant imagine life WITHOUT a pressing comb...LoL!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm ATTEMPTING this whole natural thing! This new growth is killing me! I've only been flat ironing, but i can't get this kitchen with a flat iron, so I was gonna let someone hot comb the back. If I can't get something done with this kitchen, it's back to the creamy crack! And I have one on stand by at the house! lol
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hot combing will really damage your hair ladies!  Please try and find someone who can use a ceramic flat iron the right way - if they know what they're doing there is no need to use the hot comb.  Flat irons will get your hair straight to the root if the stylist works it right.  My hair was sooo damaged after prolonged hot comb use (once every two weeks for about a year). 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tuesday-tips-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:5e10f930-65b7-42c8-9501-5e5bab6858b8Post:797b451f-6e14-494f-9f33-2905915956fc">Re: Tuesday Tips</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hot combing will really damage your hair ladies!  Please try and find someone who can use a ceramic flat iron the right way - if they know what they're doing there is no need to use the hot comb.  Flat irons will get your hair straight to the root if the stylist works it right.  My hair was sooo damaged after prolonged hot comb use (once every two weeks for about a year). 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

It's all in the way they work that flat iron. Everyone doesn't know how to do it, but there are many stylists who can get those edges looking good with a flat iron.
    Birthday Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My stylist uses a hydration machine and it makes my hair feel great! Like beyond a perm good... and then she uses a ceramic iron. It lasts for like two weeks without applying any heat...

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tuesday-tips-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:5e10f930-65b7-42c8-9501-5e5bab6858b8Post:08eaf519-5937-4986-b016-595daf7eea07">Re: Tuesday Tips</a>:
    [QUOTE]My stylist uses a hydration machine and it makes my hair feel great! Like beyond a perm good... and then she uses a ceramic iron. It lasts for like two weeks without applying any heat...
    Posted by sweets18[/QUOTE]

That sounds just like my old stylist - do you go to Too Groovy in Midtown? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CINCY 2011: No I go to a shop in Tucker... can't think of the name of it though...

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whaaaat? I lived in Tucker for 5 years and never knew about this shop! Please let me know once you think of the name, b/c I wouldn't mind trying them when I visit ATL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards