Connecticut

Vendor Reviews

Hi Everyone!

I just want to start off by thanking everyone for answering all my questions and giving great recommendations!

Ceremony and Reception Venue: Water's Edge  A++
Water's Edge was great from beginning to end.  Cindy was very responsive and a great help during the process and during the wedding.  The day of I literally did not have to worry about anything, they took care of it all.  I do recommend staying there the night before so that you can get ready in the hotel room.  I am super glad that I was able to.  The hotel staff was also great, when I checked in they saw that i was the bride and double checked the rooms to give me a corner one (bigger than the normal rooms).  Our person al waitress, Maria, was AMAZING!!!  She followed us around the whole night and went to the buffet for us to get our food so that we could eat quickly and go say hi to all the tables.  We LOVED her!

Photographer: Lam Photography A++
Lam and his wife Carmen were great the day of.  We haven't seen the pics yet but they were amazing the day of.  They were super fun during the portraits and during the reception you completely forgot he was there.  

Makeup/Hair: Beauty Entourage A+
They have to be the most efficient hair/makeup team ever.  They were on time and in and out.  Everyone looked amazing! 

Florist: Wildflowers of Tolland B
The end result was fantastic, I got a ton of compliements but she's not the most responsive w/ the planning

DJ: A&B Entertainment  A
Dave was awesome.  He played all good songs and kept the party going all night.  The dance floor was packed the whole wedding

Ceremony Music: Quartetto Vivo  A
I only heard them during the ceremony and the music was fantiastic I wasn't at the cocktail hr but everyone said they were good

Dress: Pronovias Flagship Store in NYC A
LOVED my dress.  My steamstress for the 1st fitting seemed a litle lazy, trying to give me a traditional bussle and I had to argue for the french.  Other than that the dress was gorgeous

Tux: Mens Warehouse C
They didn't have the best man's vest and had to overnight it the day before the wedding.  They also didn't have my DH's tux until 2 days before the wedding while everyone else's came in 2wks earlier.  It was a problem b/c we had to travel to CT (we live in NY) so our family members had to pick it up and luckily it fit

Honeymoon: www.BeachDestinations.com
We got an amazing deal for air/hotel/car in Maui and Kauai.  It seemed too good to be true but everhything was top notch. 

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! Great to hear good reviews about Beauty Entourage, because I booked them for my wedding. I already had 100% faith in them, but good to hear from someone else! Sucky about Men's Wearhouse! We were thinking about using them because they have locations everywhere, but they do seem really unorganized every time I've gone there with FI. He bought suits there before and all of their suits require alterations. His pants were supposed to be hemmed and they fell out the first day he wore them. They never hemmed them, they had just pinned them up and sent them home with him like that. So poor FI had to go to a client meeting with raw fabric on the bottom of his pants!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! 

I am so glad to hear good things about Water's Edge.  I just received their contract and will be getting married there as well!  Thanks for the info :)

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!
    Ughhhh Mens Wearhouse.  They make me nervous.  We went with them because FMIL called FI up all excited about this great deal they were having (which they have all the time).  
  • megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look gorgeous in that picture as do all your girls!  Love the colors and your flowers.  Congratulations!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. Can you tell me more about the website you used for the HM? Like, where the accommodations nice? I looked at the website (FI and I have always dreamed about going to HI for our honeymoon but thought it was out of reach financially), and it does seem too good to be true! Did you like the islands you decided to go to ? Would you have gone somewhere else as well?
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards