New York-Long Island

just booked cresthollow counrty club

We finally booked a place.  I am very happy with our choice.  Has anyone else book here?

Re: just booked cresthollow counrty club

• edited December 2011
    couple friends have had their weddings or events there...they have a nice staff and really good food. Best to you.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm booked there too!

love it!  what room did you book?
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I booked the empire room sept 22 2012. What about u
  • edited December 2011

plaza room oct. 7th 2012

right after you :)  

• edited December 2011
    thats great! r u using their preferred vendors?  i really like the florist on woodbury rd i think its jacks flowers or something like that.
  • edited December 2011
    im not planning on having flowers  (except for mine and the girls) so none of them, but i did book with one of there photographers  Patken, we already took our e-pics and really happy with them.

have you been to any of the showcases they have?  they are pretty helpful, we also got a nice discount  when we booked cause of it.
  • edited December 2011
    Patken is great!  they did a beautiful job on my sisters wedding!!  U will be very happy with them throughout the process.  do they do e-pics for free for signing?  I heard a rumor about that.  I was thinking of using them too.  I did go to the last showcase they had.  I went with my mom so she didnt want to stay late so i only got to get info and leave basically.  did u have to book with them that night or did u just say u were at the showcase. 
  • edited December 2011
    We first saw them and liked them while at the showcase but didnt call for a long time to make an appointment but since we mentioned the showcase they still honored the package they were giving then. i think they may also give all  ch brides that deal.   so our package included the e-pics and save the dates.

but i think package or no package they always that e-pics cause from what i believe thats how they match you with a photographer.
  • KelBelle118KelBelle118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked there!!! and i am absolutely psyched i cant wait! we booked for the emerald room i believe april 13, 2012!  

were looking to work with their vendors so if any of you have help we need it!!!

great choice ladies!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Can I ask u what they charged for ur package? If u consider that personal I totally understand. The package seems to be what I am looking for, I just want to make some comparisons. Congrats kelbell!!! I think we made a great choice too. Check out flowers by jack on woodbury road. I have an appt there after seeing them at the bridal expo. There flowers were exactly what I am looking for. If we keep in touch I will let u know as I find more vendors Tell me more about ur wedding ladies. I am considering a nature theme. We r big on camping and hiking and that type of thing and we want our wedding to elegantly reflect that.
  • edited December 2011
    just sent you a messagae about our package :)

your theme sounds really cute and really personal too, we dont really have a theme just using lots of blues and candels 
  • PlanOurWedPlanOurWed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we just booked there also, May 2012.  Just looking into their suggested vendors now. .  IF anyone has any suggestions on who to avoid we would appreciate it.
  • Trod30Trod30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just went to look at the venue this past weekend and fell in love with the place.
    Does anyone mind informing me on the package as I am trying to compare prices.

Thanks So Much!

• edited December 2011
    Flowers by Jack is an incredible choice for flowers...they have done so many of my friends weddings. I looked at Crest Hollow when I originally planned on getting married on Long Island, but then chose Maine do to the fact my family is partially from there and I have an ill relative. I was so close to booking Crest Hollow. Oh well...Here are some vendors you should all look into if you have not booked yet...wanted to mention a vendor who is not a preffered vendor at Crest Hollow but shoots there often is www.alexissteinphoto.comalso look at www.loveandyouvideo.com and www.vimeo.com/ajfilms
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    help! we need to find a photographer and some that have contacted us fromcrest hollow arent impressing us?! any suggestions
  • edited December 2011
    I posted alexissteinphoto.com in my previous post. you should check them out. they are a soon to be husband and wife team...i love them. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes but we want a preferred vendor as its cheaper for us
  • edited December 2011
    so far i've been REALLY happy with Patken
  • edited December 2011
    If you speak with ASP I am sure they will try to work with your budget. I had a similar thing happen with me when I was first looking into venues on Long Island and then I moved my wedding to Maine. I understand your concerns but usually a house vendor will have to pay the venue you are using so not all the money is going to your photographer. Just saying.
  • edited December 2011
    hey...I'm booked for the same room for july 2012...how do you know their preferred vendors are cheaper? what I understand is that they have to give a kick back to CHCC, so I dk how they charge less...did you compare? i havent looked at any of their vendors yet, waiting to ck out the upcoming showcase
  • edited December 2011
    Usually as a "thank you" they will throw in something or give you a good deal. When we booked with Patken they gave us the a deal they gave during an expo at CHCC and threw in a few extras as well they do try to work with you. But still best to shop around
  • edited December 2011
    I am booked at Crest too.. Irisheyesrsmilz.. I am meeting with Patken too.. Are there packages expensive.. If you don't mind the insight pls email me. Also whom else have you booked or any of you ladies booked.. I am 8/30/13 and I am starting my booking and a bit nervous..lol Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards