Nevada-Las Vegas

Friend as officiant

Has anyone had a friend become ordained online to marry you in Nevada? If so, which website did you use?

Re: Friend as officiant

• jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have not had a friend become ordained online but there is some paperwork that your officiant will have to complete so they are allowed to perform your ceremony. Its called a CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY TO SOLEMNIZE MARRIAGES IN THE STATE OF NEVADA.  I pulled it up on the clark county website. I have already had my FI send it off to his friend who will be performing our ceremony.

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/clerk/Pages/minister_licensing.aspx
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going through Universal Life Church.  I contacted them, and they have a special packet for Las Vegas that has all the paperwork you need.  I think the website is http://www.themonastery.org.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Make sure you check with your venue to make sure you can use an outside officiant.  I know some are very particular about things like that.

• edited December 2011
    So Universal Life Church is legal to use in Nevada? I just want to make sure before we go through all the paperwork and expense. We were thinking about using them to have my fiance's sister ordained to perform the ceremony
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I checked with them.  They have an active ministry in Clark County, so your FSIL would be ordained with that as her home congregation.  The ordination is free, all the necessary paperwork for LV costs $30.  We're definitely going that route, we just need to get a solid commitment from one of our friends to perform the ceremony.

If you have any questions, just e-mail or call them.  I found them to be quite communicative, and very quick to respond.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards