New York-Western

candy buffet (apothecary) jars

I have started looking for apothecary jars (the fancy ones with lids) for a candy buffet. Besides Michaels/Hobby Lobby does anyone have a suggestion as to where to look in the Buffalo area?

Re: candy buffet (apothecary) jars

• jenpiglet17jenpiglet17 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    antique stores!!
  • edited December 2011
     I remember seeing some at Pier 1 at one point, but it was a long time ago.  I also just threw out a catalog that had some in there. I think it was for Pottery Barn, but again, it was a little old.
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christmas Tree Store had some! Thats where we got them for our candy bar.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • a&j2012a&j2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestions! I didn't even think to look at Pier 1 and Pottery Barn... and I have never been to the Christmas Tree Store (I am scared at how much I would spend there!!)
  • a&j2012a&j2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can you tell me approx how much they were at the above stores
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not positive on Christmas tree store. My FMIL bought them since its her thing, but I do know she is obsessed with good deals and wouldn't pay too much for anything. Lol Nothing at Christmas Tree is ever expensive.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    I have no idea how much they were at Pier 1 or Pottery Barn, but I can tell you that they will be more expensive there than Christmas Tree Store.  I tend to think of Christmas tree as an upscale dollar store.  They quality is better than the dollar store (and you'll pay more than a dollar) but they have all kinds of random stuff there like the dollar store does and it is still pretty cheap.  It would be a great place to find the jars.
  • a&j2012a&j2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    try TJ Maxx and Marshalls too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards