African American Weddings

Rehearsal dinner

What are you gonna do? Something formal or casual? I think we are going splash a little Kansas City flavor and host a barbque.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal dinner

• That sounds like fun.. I want something casual and fun thats the type of people i hang with anyway.
  • I'm torn on this.....I'm thinking Maggianos or Bucca De Peppo just because I don't want to rent another place out for anything casual and I don't want it at my parents house because I don't want her worrying about cleaning up the night before the wedding. My FI's parents live 30 miles from the venue so it may be a little fanicer than I prefer.

• Well we're going to have a Mexican/Karaoke night.  My FI loves Mexican food and I figured it would be fun to add some drinking and singing together.  Hopefully we can find a place that can fit about 15 people.  We're a pretty outgoing bunch, the WP consist of Marines/Highschool Friends/College Friends...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

• I want it to be relaxed too. My OOT guest will be coming too. For some this will be the first time our families will meet. I love the idea of karaoke. That mixed with some tequila shots is a moment to remember, Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah thank goodness the wedding doesn't start until 5pm.  That gives everyone plently of time to get over their hangover and get ready for the next one!!Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Karooke sounds like a LOT of fun! Are you guys doing WP only or parents and grandparents etc.

• WP, Parents, Grandparents and any OOT guest that have arrived.  FI wants to video tape it so that we can have some of it playing for entertainment during cocktail hour. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My grandma would be like this too noisey lol I would love something like that though...that sounds like fun!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rehearsal-dinner-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c55ff712-b1a8-44e2-bd75-5826b6d99e88Post:42e2fe8d-d325-4c78-9195-8ef405a572cf">Re: Rehearsal dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm torn on this.....<strong>I'm thinking Maggianos</strong> or Bucca De Peppo just because I don't want to rent another place out for anything casual and I don't want it at my parents house because I don't want her worrying about cleaning up the night before the wedding. My FI's parents live 30 miles from the venue so it may be a little fanicer than I prefer.
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

We're thinking Maggiano's too!  One, we really like their food and Two, Maggiano's offers family sized portions.  I really like the idea of having a family dinner/BBQ/karaoke some place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Maggianos! My mother in law is planning this! Thank goodness. One less thing to worry about.
  • we're doing an informal for all of the oot guests. and a formal smaller dinner
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • We are doing something casual.  Our RD is on a Wednesday but we plan on having a BP night the Friday before the wedding.  It will probably be either a BBQ or held at one of our favorite restaurants.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• We are doing it casual BBQ all the way hamburger ;hotdogs;peach c obbler etc.
  • BBQ- and OMG Karaoke sounds fun! We may have to rent a machine or something LOL
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rehearsal-dinner-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c55ff712-b1a8-44e2-bd75-5826b6d99e88Post:42e2fe8d-d325-4c78-9195-8ef405a572cf">Re: Rehearsal dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm torn on this.....I'm thinking Maggianos or <strong>Bucca De Peppo</strong> just because I don't want to rent another place out for anything casual and I don't want it at my parents house because I don't want her worrying about cleaning up the night before the wedding. My FI's parents live 30 miles from the venue so it may be a little fanicer than I prefer.
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

Haven't been there in ages! Good pick!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • My FI loooves karaoke!! May have to borrow this idea! We are definitely going casual for the RD. The church has a hall so we're catering dinner there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited February 2012
    We're doing a southern menu.. FI's fam is from the Carolinas and this was my peace offering to him (since he couldn't have the menu he wanted at the reception). Its just the bridal party, both my and his immediate family (and thier SO's), and the officiant and his wife. Very intimate.. very casual. It's being held at the church hall directly after the rehersal, which is great so people don't have the really do any running around. Can't wait for this.. the menu we chose.. ugh.. just thinking about this makes my mouth water!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are going to a famous texas bbq restaurant (Sonny Bryan's).  It has been featured on the Food Network a bunch of times and I think it will be fun for our OOT guests coming to the reheasal (move than half is from OOT).  We are having a bbq buffet with sides and peach cobbler in their party room, can't wait! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My mom is hosting a down home southern fish fry.  We will have grilled talipia and fried catfish and perch.  For sides we will have spaghetti and shrimp pasta, salad, and cole slaw, and a cake for dessert.  Both FI & my family have to travel to Memphis for the wedding and my mom thought this would be a nice time for everybody (extended family) to meet.  We will have a spades and dominos table set up and the Michael Jackson Experience on the Wii.  I think everyone's gonna have a blast!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All of these ideas sound teriffic! A fish fry, now THAT sounds good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AND....how did I forget the dominoes and spades. A family favorite!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards