Ohio-Cincinnati

Ceremony/Reception at same site?

We're getting married next November and I'm starting the venue hunt for a site where we can do the ceremony and reception at the same place... does anyone have any suggestions in Cincinnati/Dayton areas?

We're having a very small wedding, trying to keep the guest list around 50-65 [yes, we haven't started the guest list yet... doing things a little backward at the moment, lol], and it'd be great to find a place where we can provide the food ourselves, not have to go through a particular catering service, and can have alcohol on the premises [kegs, beer bottles, liquor]. And of course, something that's very budget-friendly... trying to stay under $1,200 if at all possible :-\

Thank you for any help! I have no idea where to start with any of this... 

Re: Ceremony/Reception at same site?

• If you are looking for unconventional, our daughter chose America's Packard Museum in Dayton. The cost is close to your preferred budget. They have two spaces (the Main Museum & the Pavilion). The cost is $1150 + $5 per person for both spaces and includes a Friday night rehearsal. I think they might discount Fridays and Sundays, but I'm not positive of that since we are working with a Saturday wedding. Anyway, they allow your choice of caterer (don't know about providing your own food though) and BYOB (this seemed to be really hard to find). The Event Coordinator is Jackie and she has been wonderful.  http://www.americaspackardmuseum.org/
    Two other places our daughter considered were: B&B Riverfront Hall in Miamisburg http://www.bbriverfronthall.com/ and Arbor Hall in Moraine http://www.arborhall.com

Good luck!

• We are using The Hughes Center Barn in Hamilton, OH which is owned by the YMCA.  It's $850 but you can bring BYOB and caterer.  You could more than likely bring your own food too.  I personally love the space!
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Pattison Park Lodge is only $550 on Saturdays and you get all of your tables and chairs. I tried to book them, but my date was gone. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • November is supposedly NOT during busy season.  You might be able to book the "expensive" places for less too.  Check them out as well. 
  • There's Polen Farm (in Kettering) and Benham's Grove (in Centerville). Polen Farms has a prefered catering list, but will allow you to use others.  I found that it is ideal to work from a prefered list.  When a caterer has worked with a location before and both places are familar with each other's policies and operations, things go much more smoothly for you.  Christopher's is on Polen Farm's list and I would HIGHLY recommend them.  Their food (and service) is amazing!  My cousin got married at Benham's Grove and her mom did all the food.  It seemed to work out very nicely.

I got married at Aullwood (in Englewood, by the Dayton Airport) but that might be a little far north.  Also I've heard good things about the Dayton Jewish Center (in Centerville by the Cross Pointe shopping center off of 675), but I don't know the cost.
  • You might also try Hamilton county parks. My sister got married the first time at the Lakeside Lodge. It was a couple hundred to rent, bring your own food or caterer, bring your own alcohol. It is a very nice building with a small kitchen, sits on the lake, has a fireplace in it also.
  • Thank you everyone for the advice! I looked at parks, with the intention of a nice outside, fall wedding... didn't even think about the fact that a lot of them have indoor facilities, too! Since weather is a def factor, especially around here in the fall, lol.

Thanks again! :)
  • I am getting married 6.1.13 and using the Hughes Center just like GoofyAssChick  ! Our ceremony will be in the field, the pictures behind the field where there are beautiful trees and a lake and then the reception is in the barn (totally renovated). It is gorgeous! Reasonable price, can use any vendors.

Also, my sister just got married at Pattison Park. I would also recommend them as the space was beautiful and inexpensive.

All the best,

-Whitney

WhitneysPureRomance@gmail.com
    WhitneysPureRomance.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards