Georgia-Atlanta

Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Midtown Atlanta

Hi!

I'm looking for some suggestions for locations in Midtown Atlanta for our rehearsal dinner. Our ceremony and reception are being held at the Georgian Terrace Hotel so I don't really want to use the Livingston. I'd like to have our wedding party get out a bit!! Most of our guests are from out of town and will not have a car so a place in walking distance or a very short taxi ride would be best.

Price wise I'm think $$. DOn't want to make my finace family foot a large bill but want to have it a a nice place with good food.

My problem is we've only lived here a VERY short time and are not really familiar with any restaurants in Midtown.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Midtown Atlanta

• Mary Mac's Tearoom is an Atlanta staple (and where we're having our rehearsal dinner as well.) We're right at 20 or so pp and we're having a buffet and dessert (Celso's Cakes) delivered. They are very easy to work with as well... try it out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Has your FI's family even offered to host the RD? If they have, it's really up to them what they do and what they can afford. I would just tell your FILs what you are thinking and see what they come up with. 

My FILs are hosting our RD, and I pretty much just left it all up to my FMIL. She insisted on OOT family being invited, which I personally thought was unnecessary (more $) but whatever. Since she is paying, it's her shebang. It's so much easier too, to not worry with it. One less thing to stress over. 

But I second MaryMacs's Tea Room. Yummy.
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • We're having ours at Steel in Midtown.  It is Asain food, so a bit untraditional for a RD, but we really enjoy the restaurant (and their wine list!).  And, they have a fabulous private room that we loved.  They've been awesome to work with too.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_rehearsal-dinner-locations-in-midtown-atlanta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:f272778b-835b-4a62-97dc-d88f07a95eb7Post:a08f86f1-d5e8-434b-b8e5-bc7ce8a2ec31">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Midtown Atlanta</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has your FI's family even offered to host the RD? If they have, <strong>it's really up to them what they do</strong> and what they can afford. I would just tell your FILs what you are thinking and see what they come up with.  My FILs are hosting our RD, and I pretty much just left it all up to my FMIL. She insisted on OOT family being invited, which I personally thought was unnecessary (more $) but whatever. Since she is paying, it's her shebang. It's so much easier too, to not worry with it. One less thing to stress over.  But I second MaryMacs's Tea Room. Yummy.
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't exactly agree with this. I just wanted to give you another perspective. If they have offered to host, great! Thank them sincerely. But I don't think it's totally rude to suggest a geographic area or give a few suggestions for places (and perhaps letting the ultimate decision be theirs). Especially if many guests are from out of town. I think it's more rude to expect oot guests to schlep several miles away to a restaurant, or up to the burbs far away from where the wedding is and where they are staying for a rehearsal dinner. Not that that's what their doing, but just as an example. FI and I know we're getting married in the city. My half of the bridal party is in the Marietta/Kennesaw/Acworth area. FI's will be from Seattle and Peachtree City. If we have our rehearsal in the city, then drive 40 minutes away to have dinner in Acworth, then have people have to drive back down to their hotels in the city, or way back down to Peachtree City, I think that's absolute crap. I'd gladly host it myself if my FMIL suggested something like that. And I'd have no problem asking her if we could keep it local to the wedding site, for obvious logistical reasons. Yes, yes, I know a lot of people are up in arms about etiquette (GASP!) but it's 2012. I would definitely take my guests comfort and ease of access into consideration and I'd have no trouble suggesting FMIL do the same. Again, not that your FMIL is doing this, and I in no way suggest being rude, but I think it's fine to ask that things be kept local and this is just an example. </div><div>
    </div><div>As far as suggestions for restaurants, a quick cab ride north would put you in midtown and there's a wealth of restaurants there. I'd say pretty much from 10th street through 15th street and between the park and the highway you have so many choices, both low key and fancy. People love TAP on teh corner of Peachtree and 14 (though I've had horrible service there). Park Tavern is on 10th street overlooking piedmont park. South City Kitchen (excellent food and a decent celeb spotting place) is practically on the corner of Crescent and 14th St. </div><div>
    </div><div>Vickory's, Front Page News, Spice Market in the W hotel, Table 1280, Shout, Tin Lizzy's...there's a ton of places to go that would be great for a rehearsal dinner! Try Urban Spoon. You can type in your wedding venue and see a bunch of places. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_rehearsal-dinner-locations-in-midtown-atlanta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:f272778b-835b-4a62-97dc-d88f07a95eb7Post:84185960-4210-49e8-a72d-86eddbf4faad">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Midtown Atlanta</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Midtown Atlanta : I don't exactly agree with this. I just wanted to give you another perspective. If they have offered to host, great! Thank them sincerely.<strong> But I don't think it's totally rude to suggest a geographic area or give a few suggestions for places (and perhaps letting the ultimate decision be theirs). </strong>Especially if many guests are from out of town. I think it's more rude to expect oot guests to schlep several miles away to a restaurant, or up to the burbs far away from where the wedding is and where they are staying for a rehearsal dinner. Not that that's what their doing, but just as an example. FI and I know we're getting married in the city. My half of the bridal party is in the Marietta/Kennesaw/Acworth area. FI's will be from Seattle and Peachtree City. If we have our rehearsal in the city, then drive 40 minutes away to have dinner in Acworth, then have people have to drive back down to their hotels in the city, or way back down to Peachtree City, I think that's absolute crap. I'd gladly host it myself if my FMIL suggested something like that. And I'd have no problem asking her if we could keep it local to the wedding site, for obvious logistical reasons. Yes, yes, I know a lot of people are up in arms about etiquette (GASP!) but it's 2012. I would definitely take my guests comfort and ease of access into consideration and I'd have no trouble suggesting FMIL do the same. Again, not that your FMIL is doing this, and I in no way suggest being rude, but I think it's fine to ask that things be kept local and this is just an example.  As far as suggestions for restaurants, a quick cab ride north would put you in midtown and there's a wealth of restaurants there. I'd say pretty much from 10th street through 15th street and between the park and the highway you have so many choices, both low key and fancy. People love TAP on teh corner of Peachtree and 14 (though I've had horrible service there). Park Tavern is on 10th street overlooking piedmont park. South City Kitchen (excellent food and a decent celeb spotting place) is practically on the corner of Crescent and 14th St.  Vickory's, Front Page News, Spice Market in the W hotel, Table 1280, Shout, Tin Lizzy's...there's a ton of places to go that would be great for a rehearsal dinner! Try Urban Spoon. You can type in your wedding venue and see a bunch of places. 
    Posted by DanieKA[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think <em>suggestions </em>from the B&G<em> a</em>re fine as well, but <font color="#000000">ultimately,</font> if FILs are paying, they get the final say about budget,size of event, location, and food served. That's all I'm saying. I totally agree that where the guests are staying should be taken into account as well. I was trying to suggest that the OP just let her FMIL handle it, so it's one less thing to worry and possibly fight over. 

</div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

They have offered to pay but we haven't discussed a budget yet. As far as planning goes it's up to us to find the perfect location because his family is from out of town and know less about the area than we do! We have a while before I need to set a location so it looks like I'll be trying out some of these restaurants! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards