Connecticut

Favourite Favours! Opinions please!

I can't make up my mind! I don't want to spend $$ on something people will just throw off to the side...
What was your favourite favour from a past wedding or idea for a favour you think is cute?
Thanks Ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Favourite Favours! Opinions please!

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think the best favor we ever received was ice cream scoopers! We are huge ice cream people so we loved it!!

Other favorites were wine stoppers, wine openeres & coasters.

I have a TON of the small frames, that IMO are used too much!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Agey310Agey310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love candy buffets because your guests get to choose what they want to take home and most everyone enjoys some sort of sweets.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did wine glasses as our favor.  i like the ice cream scoop idea too!  candy buffets are great, too...just make sure your venue makes a point to tell people to go over to it.  (i went to a wedding where no one knew they'd put one out, so no one took any candy!  it literally went untouched!)
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are trying to decide between doing bottles of wine or charity donations.  A friend of mine made a "donation board" with the names of three different charities on them and the guests put a tag with their name on it underneath the charity that they wanted their donation to go to.  I thought that was a really nice idea (and the board she made was beautiful, too)!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did bracelets and a donation from the make a wish foundation.  Everyone loved them and it was something that meant a lot to us because DH was sent to the superbowl by them when he had cancer in high school.
  • edited December 2011
    Ice cream scoop is a great idea! I love anything to do with food. I got these heart shaped measuring cups once and I thought they were super cute! 
  • lat04006lat04006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are on a tight budget and we like personalized mints because we figured that everyone would use them at least that night, we also really like charity donations.  A friend of mine had her grandmother write a poem on a piece of parchment about the love they share and sharing that love with others and made a connection to thier lives (grandfather had cancer) and the scrolled it and but it on everyones plate.  It was great and moving and personal.  It didnt cost alot and the guests didnt have to worry about carring anything home and feeling bad if they forgot it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards