New Jersey

best beach to take pictures

Hubby and I are debating which beach is better to take our "couples" pictures (couples since we are already married).  We were debating between Seaside and Point Pleasant. Both have the ocean, but we are more interested in the boardwalks.  We like each, but will only be able to choose one for our pictures. 

Which is better, or does anyone have another location that is better?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: best beach to take pictures

• I'd pick Point over Seaside. They didnt get the name Sleaze-Side for nothing!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_best-beach-to-take-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:42a7ea49-9a66-45f3-b1ca-08265bddea94Post:0ad5ee64-ca81-4b73-8da8-d8bc3e0c4686">best beach to take pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hubby and I are debating which beach is better to take our "couples" pictures (couples since we are already married).  We were debating between Seaside and Point Pleasant. Both have the ocean, but we are more interested in the boardwalks.  We like each, but will only be able to choose one for our pictures.  Which is better, or does anyone have another location that is better?
    Posted by madsenm2[/QUOTE]

<div>Personally, I think Seaside is more interesting, even if it's full of meatheads and skanks.</div>
  • we are going to take pictures in Sept.  Does that sway anyones decision?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Between those two I would pick Point Pleasant. I think it has a cuter feel than seaside. Another suggestion would be Asbury Park, which has a great boardwalk for pictures. You can also try google imaging "point pleasant engagement pictures" etc. for each one to see what others have done and what pictures you like best. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd go with Point Pleasant.  It's just nicer.  
  • I just did my pictures in Long Branch last week and they came out absolutely was amazing! Great beach (super cool spot to take pics on the Jetty) and Pier Village is also a great place to more casual pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you are willing to drive a few more minutes I would recommend Asbury, There are more places to take pictures. Between Pt and Seaside, Pt has the beautiful jetty

• If you are definitely set on Pt.Pleasant or Seaside, I would go with Pt. Pleasant. I also agree with pp's that Asbury's boardwalk is interesting and would make for great photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards