Chit Chat

Saving money on flowers buy having ex-boyfriend's mom grow them...ok or bad juju?

I am still on good terms with my ex-boyfriend's mom. She owns a local green house and I know that she would give me an incredible deal on my flowers. I need advice, do I have her do it or not. 

Re: Saving money on flowers buy having ex-boyfriend's mom grow them...ok or bad juju?

• If you feel comfortable enough to why not!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have a contract drawn up like you would for any other florist.  What kind of flowers?  How many?  What price?  What will she do for you if she can't provide the flowers she promised?  Provide alternates?  What will you do if the wedding date gets changed/postponed/cancelled?  Pay her part or in full?

Contracts protect both parties.  As long a you have one, then I don't see a problem with using your ex's mom.
    DSC_9275
  • I agree with PP about drawing up a contract. Apart from that, you say you're on good terms with your ex's mom; what about your relationship with your ex himself? If things are cool between you then yeah I'd say go ahead, but if you get along with his mom but not with him I'd say it might be a bit weird and awkward. Whatever you feel comfortable with though.
  • My FI was pretty close to his ex's mom for awhile - she gave him a tv (awesome!). Go for it - just have a contract.
  • Sure. Hell, my ex boyfriend is doing mine and the BM's hair and hired the MUA for us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_saving-money-on-flowers-buy-having-ex-boyfriends-mom-grow-themok-or-bad-juju?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:29678f80-1ce0-4748-b1f2-bac0b0fb7ea1Post:516f3c6c-c8bd-44d0-a5ae-860e00e06d97">Re: Saving money on flowers buy having ex-boyfriend's mom grow them...ok or bad juju?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PP about drawing up a contract. Apart from that, you say you're on good terms with your ex's mom; what about your relationship with your ex himself? If things are cool between you then yeah I'd say go ahead, but if you get along with his mom but not with him I'd say it might be a bit weird and awkward. Whatever you feel comfortable with though.
    Posted by tiny speck[/QUOTE]
     <div>That's what I was thinking, too. Are you on good terms with him? Is your fiance on good terms with him? If not, I would stay away. Even if his mom is the most professional person in the world, he could still (without her knowledge) use this as a way to contact you or muck things up.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you're on good terms, treat this like any situation where a friend has a mom who's a florist.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you're on bad or uncertain terms, there are so many florists out there and I wouldn't go down this road.</div>
  • Thank you ladies! I am not on really any terms with the ex. I send his mom a christmas card every year and he has seen them and according to her he is happy for me. He is married and living in Eastern WA. I think I will talk with my fiance about it!! You all are the best!!!!
  • AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_saving-money-on-flowers-buy-having-ex-boyfriends-mom-grow-themok-or-bad-juju?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:29678f80-1ce0-4748-b1f2-bac0b0fb7ea1Post:d90611e5-1393-41ed-90f2-9aca0d17c98b">Re: Saving money on flowers buy having ex-boyfriend's mom grow them...ok or bad juju?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ladies! I am not on really any terms with the ex. I send his mom a christmas card every year and he has seen them and according to her he is happy for me. He is married and living in Eastern WA. I think I will talk with my fiance about it!! You all are the best!!!!
    Posted by aimee321[/QUOTE]

If your fiance is comfortable with it, go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards