Delaware

Florist Recs

HI all,
Anyone use Flowers by Yukie, Creations for Celebrations, or Marcus Hook Florists? We're getting not only the bridal party flowers and church arrangements, but also reception centerpieces, which will be the bulk of the expense.  We want large centerpieces.
We had a consultation for MH, and we were impressed by the price they quoted for what we want.  They have been recommended by several people, including family members who are always impressed by what you get for the price there. 
I am making an appointment with Yukie now and will with C for C when they get back to me.  We will likely book with MH but want to get an idea of price points for other florists in the area before we commit so that we are sure we're getting the best value.
Yukie is local to me, and C for C was recommended by a friend. 
Any thoughts?

Re: Florist Recs

• I didn't use Marcus Hook Florists, but my friend did and she was super happy. 

I would also check out Celebrations Design Studio. That's who I used, and they were fab.  Centerpieces were included w our venue (and that was through The Flower Place in New Castle.) 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks for the rec.  What did you think of their pricing, did you find it reasonable?  I'm so curious to see how much Yukie will charge for what we want, as opposed to MH.
  • I thought Celebrations was pretty reasonable.  My flowers were just under $1000... and I got my bouquet, 5 BM bouquets, FG ball, 3 wrist corsages, 10 bouts, bouquet for the toss, Blessed Mother dedication flowers, and 2 arrangements for the church.  I also asked for a lot of roses & lilies for the bouquets. 

In general, for your CPs... and for ceremony arrangements... if you let the florist pick the flowers in a color scheme, rather than requesting certain flowers, you will get a better price. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012

Just as an FYI, I did the math and the quote I got from MH florists was in the same range as yours for exactly what we want, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.  :)  We have one other appointment just to get a comparison but I am feeling pretty good about MH.  I'll have to post again after our appointment next week just in case I have anything helpful to add for other brides.  Flowers were the one thing I was having a hard time finding good pricing information on to get an idea of what an expense it would be, so hopefully it'll be helpful to others.

• I'm using Marcus Hook Florist for my flowers.
    I know most of the girls that work there personally so I didn't shop around. I trust their work.

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards