Snarky Brides

Baby names?

This is going to be a PAR, since I have to actually go do work.  Anyway, DH and I were throwing around possible girl names if new baby is a girl.  We're both keen on Lorelei for a first name, but are stumped for a middle name.  Our last name starts with a S and has 3 syllables.

Any suggestions? 
Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Baby names?

• Something short and one syllable since her name will be so long.

Like...

Jane, Jean, Marie,

Or I personally like

Michelle, Mackenzie, Katherine, Nicole with that name!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You are not allowed to use Lia, or Aralia (please!) :)

Are you thinking regularish middle name or fun middle name?
  • Ooooh I like Lorelei Michelle S. It has a nice ring to it.
  • That's so fun!! I love that name. My cousin is due in December and is naming hers Lorelei! Don't worry though that's the only Lorelei I know - it's very unique.

Anyways - I love Rose with that name. Lorelei Rose. Cute.

Other suggestions would be Faye and Belle. Clearly I like a one syllable name with Lorelei :-)

Photobucket
  • Lorelei Ann(e)

Lorelei Jane

Lorelei Grace

Lorelei Lynn

Lorelei Quinn

Lorelei Kay(e)

•  Since you said S with three syllables I'm imagining her first and last being Lorelei Sassafrass.
    Photobucket
  • Ooh, I like pixie's suggestion of Belle. Plus I just got Beauty & the Beast on DVD so of course I love that name. Or Lorelei Lane. It's hard, all my favorite girl names are long.

If you have a boy will you name him Sebastian? Pretty please? Or Gabriel?
  • Ann, Sophie, Leigh, Denise, Michelle, Beth
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I love the name Sebastien but H already vetoed it if we ever have a boy :(
  • You stole my future daughter's name. We are now enemies ;)

But for realz...I like Michelle as well. I'm also partial to...

Lorelei Grace
    Lorelei Kelly
    Lorelei Ann
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0546c515-8ee4-4d31-82e4-0c322862b492Post:7122d733-a38a-4ee3-af80-6db6f66d2c1d">Re: Baby names?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the name Sebastien but H already vetoed it if we ever have a boy :(
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Well, tell him that I said Sebastian is back on the table. We aren't having kids, so someone I know needs to name their kid that. I absolutely love the name. Why doesn't he like it?

I also love Boone and Sawyer. I may or may not have a pirate statue named Boone Sawyer. Or another statue of a pirate holding a monkey's hand named Sebastian (the pirate, not the monkey, his name is RumRunner).
  • Ohh Lorelei Grace is cute!

Katie Sebatian is a great name. Did he veto it for a middle name? You could always try to get around the veto. haha
    Photobucket
  • We're 90% sure that Liam is going to be our boy name. We were 100% sure on Kaylee as a girl name but now I don't know anymore.

Sesh you are really going to love Belladonna too. Omg so good.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0546c515-8ee4-4d31-82e4-0c322862b492Post:0c0cee6e-96e6-4fbc-9930-38059869a0b0">Re: Baby names?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby names? : That's fabulous :) I have most of the names for my series that maybe one day I'll write, but keep changing them so yeah. I also had a crazy dream the other night that resulted in a 4 page rough outline of a book. I can't decide if I want the main character to be Rhea or Lia though. One of the main males is Mateo and I can't figure out the other one to save my life. I think he might want to be a Robert.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

I'd go for Rhea, because I usually end up on the more unique name. The main girl in my new book is Whisper. And dreams make the best stories. If mine weren't such horrific nightmares that I didn't mind reliving, I'd turn them into books for sure.

For your other guy. What about Logan, Aidan, Roman, Brent? These are all names on my list.

LTZ--you take that back! Sebastian is a fantastic name. And Liam was katie's name, not mine.
  • Thank you everyone!  I was thinking a 1 sylablle name, too, but I couldn't actually think of any.  I'm not sure what are my favorites.  I'll talk to DH when I get home :)

Sesh - if it's a boy, he will be Tristan Shayne.
  • I love that name, Tide. Tristan is on my boy list but I haven't come up with the right character to suit the name yet. is it wrong that I kind of hope you have a boy so he will have that name?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0546c515-8ee4-4d31-82e4-0c322862b492Post:89e5d7d5-a2a7-454a-ac26-2c43b0c9169c">Baby names?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is going to be a PAR, since I have to actually go do work.  Anyway, DH and I were throwing around possible girl names if new baby is a girl.  We're both keen on Lorelei for a first name, but are stumped for a middle name.  Our last name starts with a S and has 3 syllables. Any suggestions? 
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Now, will your child be luring unsuspecting sailors to a watery grave?

Lorelei Paige
    Lorelei Hope
    Lorelei Harper
    Lorelei Elaine
    Lorelei Sage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0546c515-8ee4-4d31-82e4-0c322862b492Post:db1b6e5c-02f3-4668-95d6-3955d5589c08">Re: Baby names?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that name, Tide. Tristan is on my boy list but I haven't come up with the right character to suit the name yet. is it wrong that I kind of hope you have a boy so he will have that name?
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

No.  DH wanted me to have boy/girl twins the first time around so that we could name them Tristan and Taryn.  I love the name.  Shayne as a middle name has been passed down through DH's family for 4 generations.  If we have a boy, it will be 5.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0546c515-8ee4-4d31-82e4-0c322862b492Post:bc527d51-c70c-40fa-8712-c455e671aae2">Re: Baby names?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Baby names? : Now, will your child be luring unsuspecting sailors to a watery grave? Lorelei Paige Lorelei Hope Lorelei Harper Lorelei Elaine Lorelei Sage
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Hopefully she'll have the power of the sirens.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0546c515-8ee4-4d31-82e4-0c322862b492Post:d4ff04c0-6ea2-443d-ad75-ff0203d1346e">Re: Baby names?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby names? : Hopefully she'll have the power of the sirens.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]'

Excellent!
  • I love Aiden as well, I just worry my kid would be tortured since it's a super popular name right now.

Yeah she started out as Rhea so I might take her back (yay find and replace Word function). What's a good name for a bad guy King?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0546c515-8ee4-4d31-82e4-0c322862b492Post:3185b4c3-b78a-4aa5-b806-f63f8c40d2ec">Re: Baby names?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby names? : Hmm, depends. Do your characters have normal people names or made-up names? The bad guy in my book is the Raven-Eater. Maybe Zane, Reiko, Rex, Arik (ay-rik, not eric)? Those are the ones I can think of off my list, but for evil kings I think 2 to 4 syllables sound best. Like King Kalanadrin (no idea where that name came from, it just popped into my head).
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Oooh I like Zane for the good guy...ha, King Kalanadrin has a nice ring to it!.
    I'm going for more made up names but still human names, if that makes sense. Like one of the main guys is Mateo but he is also going to be referred to as The White Prince or something slightly less cheesy. I might go for Viking type names for the King. I'm picturing him as this very dark, authorative, jackass type of guy. For some reason the idea of the "conquering Viking plundering the town" seems to fit the bill.
  • I love the name Tristan as well but FI vetoed it.  He seems to think if we have a son he will be Anthony the 3rd.  He is sadly mistaken.

I like different names too since there were 4 Melissa's in my K class and my 2 best friends were Melissa growing up.

My sister named her daughter Effie (Eleftheria).  Its a very common Greek name and has been in the family for a long time.  I am not so sure I will go that unique, but definitely something original.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I almost married a guy named Shayne. Spelled that way and all. I had never seen that spelling before so its cool that its a family name/spelling. And I love Tristan.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • My sister is pregnant right now and her girls name is Lorelei also.  I forget what she said the middle name is though.  I think it's a cute name and definitely WAAAYY better than their original girls choice...Oksana.

Her boys name is Howard (again, forgot the middle name).  It was our uncle who had Down Syndrome, we were all really close to him.  My boys name choice was going to be Aiden Howard, but now Aiden is too popular and Howard is going to be taken.  Guess we'll find another one (I wasn't that attached to it, just something I thought sounded good together)
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0546c515-8ee4-4d31-82e4-0c322862b492Post:972d49ec-42ba-4bfa-bc26-ccc09bde3f74">Re: Baby names?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the name Tristan as well but FI vetoed it.  He seems to think if we have a son he will be Anthony the 3rd.  He is sadly mistaken. I like different names too since there were 4 Melissa's in my K class and my 2 best friends were Melissa growing up. My sister named her daughter Effie (Eleftheria).  Its a very common Greek name and has been in the family for a long time.  I am not so sure I will go that unique, but definitely something original.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Wow! I had a great Aunt Effie and everyone always said it must be some Greek name derivative.  It turns out her Father heard someone (with a Greek name) called Effie, but didn't know the real name so the name on her birth certificate is Effie!  We always assumed it would have been Euphemia.  I've never heard the name your sister used before but it is lovely.

For Tide:  I like middle names as family name derivatives.  Either first name versions of last names or your own first or middle name.  I also like to stick to the Mother's side of the family since the Father's is represented by the last name.

Otherwise, with Lorelai I like Brianne for some reason... I don't know.
  • Lorelei Eve sounds like a perfume.

• Even though it's long, I like Elizabeth. I think you need something classic with Lorelei (love the name, btw). 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited October 2010

Sorry I'm late, but I'm going to throw in my suggestions anyway! My current favourites for girl's middle names are Rose and Ivy (if we have a girl, we will use Rose as a middle name). 

PS: I've never heard of the name Lorelei before. How do you pronounce it? It looks pretty with Rose as a middle name, but not sure how it sounds! Lorelei Rose. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards