September 2013 Weddings

Colors

How did you decide which colors you would be using for your wedding?

Re: Colors

• ya know.. i really dont remember.  lol. i knew i wanted grey. Turquoise is one of his favorite colors and black seemed to complement it perfectly.  so thats what we went with. it was by far the easiest decision we made in this wedding planning.

Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • FI and I started dating during our HS production of Beauty and the Beast, so we're pulling a lot of inspiration from that for the wedding. I chose the three most common colors on the movie cover (blue, golden yellow, and red) and they work well together.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:cd55fc65-9aa8-4394-a394-9b1639edafabPost:f84a0095-9a2b-439c-aedf-89ed2de7ad36">Re: Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I started dating during our HS production of Beauty and the Beast, so we're pulling a lot of inspiration from that for the wedding. I chose the three most common colors on the movie cover (blue, golden yellow, and red) and they work well together.
    Posted by deburnin[/QUOTE]

That is such a good idea! Love it!
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We pulled our favorite color (We each love blue...I love cobalt and he loves sky blue) then started putting colors with the blues...We loved butter yellow and antique gold against the blue.  Then we thought through the reception.   We knew we did not want to pay for table cloths and overlays.  Our venue came with a choice of white or cream tableclothes.  So we added cream.  We then picked an embroidered organza overlay with a gold leaf on cream design.  Then we sat down with the florist and my Mom.  My mom suggested adding orange for a touch of fall.  The florist suggested adding Bells of Ireland (soft green)  when I discussed height in the centerpieces.  Some height; but not too high.   In other words, the decision process was very organic and evolved over time. 
  • I love sunflowers so I am using sunbeam yellow. I was originally going to just have yellow but the bridal party is so big so I decided to go with a second color. Since any shade of blue is my fiance's favorite color, we went to David's Bridal and I let him pick the shade of blue that he liked to go with the yellow and he chose cornflower blue. I was hoping he picked that shade...LOL!!!
    Shannon Jackson
    "Destiny Fulfilled"!!!!

Visit WeddingChannel!Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually was putting away christmas decorations with my mom and actually changed my mind on my colors.  I was going to go with navy and black and then I decided to go with mocha and gold.  We had these ornaments on our tree and I happened to grab one of each and fell in love.  I want my wedding to scream fall so I am going to have my bouquets with those deep burgandy and burnt orange colors!  My mom and I are still laughing about it!
    ?Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.?
  • My engagement ring is a Sapphire and I am absolutely in love with it. So blue is going to be the most prominant wedding color. (Bridesmaid Dresses, Table Cloth Accents, and the Guys Vests/Ties (Eric hasn't decided which he wants yet). My favorite flowers are Orange Lilies. So Orange is going to be the color that gives our wedding some pop. We're also going to throw in some white (or maybe ivory) and the tiniest bit of silver just for some sparkle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I chose a black and white wedding with deep red accents. Is that ok for a fall wedding?
  • I went down a rabbit hole online, starting with toilet bowl cleaners and ending with a harry potter themed wedding (Like ya do.)

I thought harry potter was a little much for a wedding (to each his own), but I really liked the colors in the photos that I saw :)
  • I know for sure I want a nice, pure deep blue for my primary wedding color but am unsure what would look best with it. (I am planning on a September wedding)... my theme is Renaissance masquerade, and I also want something that will reflect that. Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards