Snarky Brides

Friday Morning

TGIF!
This week just FLEW by for me, I can't believe it.  I got sooo much wedding stuff done though.  You'd think that would relieve my stress but I get more stressed as each day goes by...  I'm one of those people that likes to get (important) stuff done ahead of time so that I'm not panicking and not sleeping before something is due.  I feel like there are so many little details that are going to get overlooked.

Now when it comes to doing dishes.. I'm a huge procrastinator ;)

Headed up north this weekend.  FI and a friend of his who hunts with FI's family a lot want to get some work done on treestands up north (yep, hunting season ended last weekend, now begins getting stuff fixed for September......) so friend's gf and I are headed up with them.  Us girls will probably just stay in the cabin and relax all weekend.

I hope you all have a great Friday and weekend! 

Re: Friday Morning

• Not much going on here. I'm just watching a movie and hoping the day goes by fast. Today is one of my CW's last days, which means that after he leaves I'll be taking on both our responsibilities so I'm predicting next week to be hectic.
  • Morning!

I'm trying to wake up.  It's not happening easily.  my belly hurts and I feel icky from what will hopefully be my last time eating gluten.  Stupid pizza.  I know better.  All my fault.

I've got to head out to school shortly and I'm kinda thrilled about my early class, Physical Anthropology:

"Focuses upon the interactive process between human biology and human culture, drawing relationships among such concepts as human evolution, human heredity, human biological diversity, and biological micro-adaptations."

It sounds so awesome.
  • Damn it. I just posed a TGIF thread because I didn't see yours Chels.

Anna- can you deleteit when it shows up?

Gracias!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Morning. 

I'm such a sap.  Derek left last night around 8:30 for his boys snowboarding weekend.  I cried.  It's 3 days.  I blame hormones.

They had to drive 700 km (~440 mi) to get to the hill, and they wanted to be able to board today, so they left either really last last night or really early this morning.  He's been texting me when they get to major cities, so I know they should be arriving soon.  Hopefully he can get some sleep!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good morning everyone!

We're hopefully getting out of here early today, which couldn't come at a better time. I am PMS city today.

Tonight we're having dinner with some friends of ours that we haven't seen since before our move in Sept, so that'll be nice. They've been TTC for a while now, have done all sorts of fertility treatments, so I'm hoping for some good news from them. Also, H is supposed to take me to see Beauty And The Beast in 3D this weekend.

My Belle tutu for the Disney Princess Half Marathon arrived yesterday, and it's just as awesome as I imagined! I can't wait for the rest of my outfit to get here (I ordered the rest yesterday).

I had a weird dream about my mom and sister last night. I dreamt that my mom got chosen to model western wear for a shop in Knott's Berry Farm. They put her in a black cowboy hat, pink rhinestone bustier and Wrangler jeans. She was super confident about it, except she was worried her hips looked strange, so I kept reassuring her that she looked great. When it was time for me to go back home to FL, I was hugging my sister, and we were bawling our eyes out because we knew we were going to miss each other really bad. This is what happens when you take Tylenol Cold syrup before bed!
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • This week totally has not flown by for me. It seems endless. I am having a super rough week and I have no idea why. I am the biggest ball of emotional stress ever and I don't really know why. I just had to write a long email to my dad about some stuff and I was in tears. I can't moderate my emotions at all - I keep bouncing back and forth between huge anger (stuff at work) and sadness (missing my family) and happiness (good week exercise wise)...its so odd and difficult to manage...I can't just be 'normal' this week. Bleh.

And a friend is working on a play and really wants us to come see it tonight or tomorrow for the matinee and I have no interest but really want to support her. Sigh.  I hate the theatre - pretty much any theatre - there, I said it. If I go tonight I will fall asleep. If I go tomorrow I feel like I am wasting my afternoon (90 minute show plus travel time of at least 90 minutes but could be way more depending on traffic/weather).  But I love her and it will make her so happy. So even though we can't really afford it we will go.

K, there's my bitch session. Sorry. 

My good news is that my post holiday bloat is all gone and I ran a decent 5k yesterday. My legs feel like mush though. Oh, and it's Friday. A-freaking-men.
  • And it says my post is here but I don't see it. Seems like TK will be fun again today. Yay!
  • Morning. I woke up with a huge migraine, the kind that hurts so bad it makes me nauseous. I went back to bed for an extra hour and a half and I feel a little better. 

In related news, my dogs are being assholes.  It's the cold weather- it gets them all riled up.  Puck just ate the shoestring off one of my shoes.  He hasn't done that in over a year. grrr
  • Numbers - I saw that on FB, that's a great race time!! My PB is 30:30 for a 5K, so I admire you. I have a 5K coming up on the 20th (I think that's the date) but I'm not sure how well I'll do since this isn't a very organized event. It's through work, and they've never held one before, so I have no idea how they're tracking times or organizing it so it's not a huge clusterfuck of people shoving they're way around the base.
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Morning, all!

We got snow. Well, we're still getting snow, really. It's not a lot, just enough to make the commute into work a pain in the ass. I really hate how people can't learn to drive in the snow.

But...now that I'm in my office and away from the headcases on the road, I think the snow looks really pretty outside. :)
  • Good Morning Ladies,

Mehg that is a weird dream! I've been dreaming about work lately, which I can totally do without :/

I want to take my kids to see Beauty 3D this weekend, I think they'll really love it - they're the perfect ages for it.

No big plans this weekend for me, but I do have a 1/2 day today so I'm happy about that. But then I have to work tomorrow, which is the suck.
  • Anna- I do that to myself more often then I should.  I cave for the bread products I love, and then my body hates me.  I alway catch myself doing the "I swear this is the last time!" routine.  Then sadly for the remainder of the day I remember why gluten hates me.  Gluten is a biitch.

Raynes - I hope yetserday went well!

Today it's rainy and gross.  I'm hoping to leave semi-early from work then I'm meeting a friends for dinner.  My weekend project is save the dates.  I need to get them all addressed and ready to be sent out.  It's early, but 90% of my guests are OOT and they keep asking me for details so they can plan.  
  • Wow, this is wonky. I came into this thread, read it, then went to see if anyone was on TN. When I went back to the main board the link for TN was gone. Now I'm back in here and I swear there were other posts that aren't here anymore.

Anna- I don't know where your post went but I took an Anthropology class that was similar to what your is. I loved that class.

I don't have anything going on today except testing prospective employees. We are about to hit our busy season around here and everyone seems to be getting amped up for it. I know I have a lot more work on my desk right now. I can't seem to catch up on paperwork this week.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:f93e0359-b33b-4094-97de-0c75324fda30">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Numbers - I saw that on FB, that's a great race time!! My PB is 30:30 for a 5K, so I admire you. I have a 5K coming up on the 20th (I think that's the date) but I'm not sure how well I'll do since this isn't a very organized event. It's through work, and they've never held one before, so I have no idea how they're tracking times or organizing it so it's not a huge clusterfuck of people shoving they're way around the base.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks Megh...I haven't been running regularly so I am not disappointed with my time at all, I knew that I couldn't keep up my speed if I wasn't training on at least a weekly basis. I am amazed that you are training for a half. I don't think I will ever do one, I don't think I am built for real long distance running. 5ks feel about right!  </div>
  • numbers, you SURE you're not KU?  :P
  • Morning. I'm in a pissy mood. I was really hoping for a snow day, but no. And it's kind of stupid because the roads are a mess. We didn't get much snow but it's blowing so hard that any slush on the road is icing over and we're having some whiteout conditions.

Plus we are supposed to have an in-service today, but I don't know how our employees from other campuses are going to get here--the major roads into the city are a disaster and 3 are currently closed for accidents.
  • MrsB. My kid wants to see Beauty 3D this weekend and she is 14. We usually try to go to a movie we will all enjoy and I know H will not want to see that. 
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Steph- Migraines suck.  I've had to go to the docs several times for Toradol injections because the pain got so bad.  They are awesome.  Not so awesome when a male nurse asks you to pull your pants down and bend over...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:56f2240f-cdbf-4607-88c9-baf6ec70fea7">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]numbers, you SURE you're not KU?  :P
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally questioned it several times but I have had a major crime scene in my pants this whole week (TMI?)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:5b33195c-72b0-4516-9472-ad9383bd18bc">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Morning : I totally questioned it several times but I have had a major crime scene in my pants this whole week (TMI?)
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

HA!!  Probably TMI, but whatevs.  At least you can still blame hormones.

lbarr, I'll find out my results next week at my regular prenatal apt.  The orange drink was disgusting.  Fine at first, but unbearable by the end.  Ew.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:54f42603-73ff-45ae-9c1e-7fac179df428">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. I woke up with a huge migraine, the kind that hurts so bad it makes me nauseous. I went back to bed for an extra hour and a half and I feel a little better.  In related news, my dogs are being assholes.  It's the cold weather- it gets them all riled up.  Puck just ate the shoestring off one of my shoes.  He hasn't done that in over a year. grrr
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Oh Steph, I hope you feel better. Migraine's are the worst. Try and take it easy today and rest some more if you can.
  • Morning ladies.  I'm quite glad that it's Friday.  Classes started again this week (shortest winter break ever), and my courseload is heavier than it's been in a LONG time.  I have 5 classes-- yesterday sucked.  I go in to work until 3:30, and then have class from 4-9.  It's a long day.  I'm trying to figure out how to balance work, 5 classes (and massive amounts of reading), plus the house and bills.  Maybe I need a maid.

On the bright side, I am really excited about 3 out of my 5 classes (and I think I'll like the one I have tonight, too, I just don't know yet).  

Work is hectic-- this is always the busiest time of year for us.  It's been nonstop this week.  I can't wait to go to bed tonight and sleep in late tomorrow!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I hope your day(s) gets better, numbers.

Mehg, I have weird dreams last night too. In mine, we were at this cabin/farm my landlord owned and some guy came and dumped all his equipment and vehicles in the river off the dock. I was trying to catch him (because apparently I'm super brave), and suddenly he started throwing axes at me. And I dodged them all Matrix-style, even backflipping into the water, but they just kept coming. He had like 15 of them somehow all on his body.

Then he ran inside and I followed to find him kissing my mom. H came out of nowhere and I yelled that that was the bad guy, and then the guy pulled out another ax and threw it, but H caught it and my mom just laughed.

Then I woke up.
  • TGIF!

Migraines are THE worst. I currently have a weird ear infectoin thing going on, and I woke up this morning to get into work by 7 and my dog was shaking his head werid. Looked at his ear, and sure enough, he has an ear infection too! It must be a sympathy thing. Ha! I felt so bad for the little guy.

I need to start running again, so badly. I technically should start training for a St Pattys day 7K since I haven't ran more than a mile in the last 4 months. You girls are motivation!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Anna that class sounds awesome!

Steph, ugh I hate migraines.  I used to get them chronically when I was younger.  I'm glad that stage of my life is over. Feel better!  At least you have a four-day weekend! Yaay!

Numbers, I'm sorry you're feeling like that.  It's no fun.  Hopefully you can have a nice relaxing weekend and feel better!

Mara I feel ya on the snow day.  However the roads were just fine this morning. People were still driving like there's 4 inches on the roads.  I don't get why people feel the need to drive like assholes when there's snow on the grass but not on the roads.    I also hate that when thre is snow, people use it as an excuse to run the beginnings of red lights so they don't have to stop.
  • It took me almost an hour to get to work and it normally takes 20 :( all the idiots I work with will surely be rediculously late, why bother leaving early when it snows, that's crazy talk *eyeroll* I'm feeling a bit ambivilent towards work today. We met to discuss dude leaving and me taking over and I don't get my raise until frigging april, I have to "prove myself" before I get it. I was also told that if I can't do it or decide I don't want to, they will try to find another position for me but without the department I am in there probably isn't funds to pay me so I'd most likely be out of a job :/ I'm just feeling very eff this eff that eff you this morning.
  • Good morning

I'm sitting on my couch in my pjs. The roads really aren't that bad so I should probably go in, but I don't think I'm going to. Thinking today will be a work from home day. My boss doesn't seem to care and I don't have any meetings. There's a strong chance I won't get out of my pjs all day. It's cold and just gross. Bleh

I'm so excited that it's almost the weekend, and a three day weekend at that. We've got a lot going on, so I'm sure it'll fly by.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haha jcb, I considered taking pics when I opened it yesterday, but I think I want to wait until I have the full ensemble to show off. I'm still waiting on yellow/gold arm warmers, my Nike white w/yellow piping running tank, and white running skirt. I'm also considering getting white knee socks with yellow piping on the leg opening, but I dunno if that will be overkill.

I kinda know how to do a topsy-turvy ponytail like Belle's, where I'll curl the ends (my hair holds a curl pretty well, so I'm hoping it'll survive the 13.1). If I added a rose hair clip to the top of the pony, would that look dumb? Or should I just tie a ribbon around it and call it good?
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caf31e53-584d-47d6-8907-adab0ed8cd3ePost:90e51a31-327c-4ea4-b157-3752b085d334">Re: Friday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha jcb, I considered taking pics when I opened it yesterday, but I think I want to wait until I have the full ensemble to show off. I'm still waiting on yellow/gold arm warmers, my Nike white w/yellow piping running tank, and white running skirt. I'm also considering getting white knee socks with yellow piping on the leg opening, but I dunno if that will be overkill. I kinda know how to do a topsy-turvy ponytail like Belle's, where I'll curl the ends (my hair holds a curl pretty well, so I'm hoping it'll survive the 13.1). If I added a rose hair clip to the top of the pony, would that look dumb? Or should I just tie a ribbon around it and call it good?
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

More over the top = more better.  Do it.
  • Good morning, ladies.

Busy as hell around here.  I'm working tomorrow and Monday.  DH needs to shut up about his 4-day weekend when mine is 1 day.

Have a great day, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards