New Hampshire

"I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite" Second to my new fiance that is!

Good morning ladies! I'm so incredibly jazzed to be writing to all of you this morning! My fiance proposed on November 5th and I've been researching wedding stuff up the wazoo, including some quality Knot time. A little about our story; we met on eHarmony (I know right... que the "THIS WILL BE! AN EVERLASTING LOVE! song), fell in like on our first date and then fell in love this July. We had talked about getting married for a couple months, so he didn't want to do anything ostentatious that would clearly give away the fact he was about to propose. So he took me out to dinner and when we got back, pulled out a football sized fortune cookie and asked me if I was ready for dessert. The sneaky sneak had even gone to my parents a few days prior to ask for their blessing!

We have been cruising right along with the wedding planning (8/10/12). St. Kathryn's for the mass, Sky Meadow for the reception, my dress/bridesmaid dresses, band/photographer/florist all booked up and ready for my ridiculous copy/paste microsoft word inspiration documents thanks to pinterest; btw what's with the waiting list! and registry/wedding website completed this weekend(holy crap, who is this chick on our board and how many gallons of coffee does she drink daily... right?).

I would love to hear your advice on a few things that I haven't really researched yet though.
~What do you ladies plan on doing/have done for a videographer?
~Also, where did you do your engagement pictures? I'm in Southern, NH and was thinking about Massabesic Lake but I've never actually been to the lake.

So excited to be here and chat!

Re: "I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite" Second to my new fiance that is!

• edited December 2011
    Video, was the most important next to DJ for us.

Videographers that I researched and met with were:

McElroy Films-out of Burlington, MA.  They were my top choice.  They also had the best prices.  Don't wait on them.  Call, meet and book on the spot.  They book years out for some dates.

Trish & Michael Films:  Located in MA.  Our second choice.  They just wouldn't book us until a year out and we were booking everything in 2010.

iWEd Video:  Located in Manchester.  This is who we are using.  They were out of the budget we wanted to stay in.  But luckily our photography bill was lower so we had almost enough to cover the difference.  You might be able to work out a late edit to get a better price.

As for E-Pics, we haven't taken ours yet.  Look at local photographer blogs.  You'll get a ton of ideas.  Our photographer takes some couples to an old train station and takes awesome pics on the tracks etc.  I love this.  We're trying to stay away from the beach.

• becka717becka717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are gong to have our e-pics taken in January or February.  We like the historic look of the old mill buildings along Canal/Commercial Street in Manchester, so hopefully we can have our pictures taken there, with the Merrimack River in the background. 

Can't help you on videographers, we aren't having one.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We did our e-pics at the Robert Frost Farm in Derry.  They have a little naure trail and as we walked our photographer took pics along the way.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are another Eharmony couple :)

I am using Precious Moments for videography.  I fell in love with their videos on their website.  They aren't cheap, but this was one of our big priorities.

We did engagement pictures at prescott park in portsmouth.  It is a special place for us though.  It was one of the stops on our first date and where he popped the question.

Welcome and Congrats!  Looks like you are making great progress!
    ~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Welcome!  I used Rebecca Curtis for videography. 

Sorry, I can't help you with engagement pics.

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I'll be sure to add all of these people on my research list! I did peek at McElroy Weddings and they look fabulous. I like the idea of walking along a trail, my fiance and I are big on the outdoors stuff so that would fit in really well.

• edited December 2011
    We are also using Rebecca Curtis for videography. We were on the fence about having one at all, but her packages are so reasonable, that we went for one without many frills.

We did not do engagement pictures, but some nice locations in NH would be Cathedral of the Pines and Castle In The Clouds.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have anything to add but we thought of Castle in the Clouds, as well.  We broke into the park and crashed a wedding without even knowing it.  Until the photographer asked if we were part of their group.  Luckily the couple thought it was funny and let us go around them to explore the rest of the place.Cool
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another nice place for engagement pics is New Castle Commons on the Seacoast.  They have a park, beach, etc so there is a variety of backgrounds.

Congrats on your engagement!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement!

My fince proposed at Fort Foster in Kittery, ME, so that's where we got our engagement photos done.  Portsmouth is also another fabulous place for that. 

We're on the fence about videographers at this point but would def go with Rebecca Curtis videography. 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We ended up going with McElory Weddings for the videographer (thank the little baby Jesus I called when I did becase five out of the seven days around our wedding date were already booked). One more check off the list!

Are there any Sky Meadow brides going to the tasting in January? I think the menu is the next big thing to tackle, and I'm pretty jazzed about Creative Cakes and Jacques Pastries both coming to the tasting!
  • edited December 2011

Congratulations!!! My fiance and I met on EHarmony too!
    We are using Precious Moments Photography. We met with a few and PM was outstanding! They are on the pricey side, but totally worth it from what I've seen and heard. I have  a few coupons for them if you are thinking about using them, let me know and I'll mail it to you or something.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thanks so much! I get a kick out of people's reactions when we say we are an eHarmony couple. Now those people can actually say they know someone who is getting married after meeting someone from the site instead of saying "Oh, I know someone who knows someone that met someone, etc." I just read your bio story and I love it! Apparently when we got that huge blizzard my fiance was calling around trying to see if anyone in the area was going to open for sleigh rides so he could propose, but no such luck.

We did check out precious moments but ended up really liking McElroy Weddings for videography. Thank you for the offer though! What other vendors have you booked? I think we have all the major ones out of the way, now it's just details like song selection, type of flowers and food choices.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_just-like-smile-smilings-favorite-second-new-fiance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:f94144ee-54a0-4470-afc2-ce7c958d2111Post:2a34857a-d93a-4755-8ed1-87069aeef0f2">Re: "I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite" Second to my new fiance that is!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much! I get a kick out of people's reactions when we say we are an eHarmony couple. Now those people can actually say they know someone who is getting married after meeting someone from the site instead of saying "Oh, I know someone who knows someone that met someone, etc." I just read your bio story and I love it! Apparently when we got that huge blizzard my fiance was calling around trying to see if anyone in the area was going to open for sleigh rides so he could propose, but no such luck. We did check out precious moments but ended up really liking McElroy Weddings for videography. Thank you for the offer though! What other vendors have you booked? I think we have all the major ones out of the way, now it's just details like song selection, type of flowers and food choices.
    Posted by NikkiJ13[/QUOTE]

We have all of our venders booked too. As far as flowers we went with Suzanne's Flowers, she exclusively a wedding florist. She was awesome with understanding my vision for style and colors. I went in with specific things and some pictures and she had great suggestions and tips. We won a GC/voucher thing from a bridal show for some other place and then we met her and LOVED her. So she is honoring our voucher for the other florist! We actually won a couple of things from the bridal shows! Other venders, lets see...
    Our photographer is Ron Kolias
    Cake: Fredericks (we are branching out from the usual Jacques)
    DJ: Rick Bowie from Get Down Tonght
    Venue: Executive Court
    Invitations: Invited (in Hampstead)
    Bridesmaid dresses/Tuxes: Marry and Tux
    Chair covers: Inspired Elegance (still need to book though)

Ok, those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. What are your venders?

P.S. I love your Elf quote, one of my favorite christmas movies (it's only second to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation).

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_just-like-smile-smilings-favorite-second-new-fiance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:f94144ee-54a0-4470-afc2-ce7c958d2111Post:9dcf9f82-dcf0-4adb-a1f1-e6bd7ca5cc42">Re: "I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite" Second to my new fiance that is!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite" Second to my new fiance that is! : We have all of our venders booked too. As far as flowers we went with Suzanne's Flowers, she exclusively a wedding florist. She was awesome with understanding my vision for style and colors. I went in with specific things and some pictures and she had great suggestions and tips. We won a GC/voucher thing from a bridal show for some other place and then we met her and LOVED her. So she is honoring our voucher for the other florist! We actually won a couple of things from the bridal shows! Other venders, lets see... Our photographer is Ron Kolias Cake: Fredericks (we are branching out from the usual Jacques) DJ: Rick Bowie from Get Down Tonght Venue: Executive Court Invitations: Invited (in Hampstead) Bridesmaid dresses/Tuxes: Marry and Tux Chair covers: Inspired Elegance (still need to book though) Ok, those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. What are your venders? P.S. I love your Elf quote, one of my favorite christmas movies (it's only second to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation).  
    Posted by scrpio421[/QUOTE]

Let's see:

Florist- Lyndsey Loring
    Photographer- Barefotos
    Videographer- McElroy Weddings
    Cake- (Jacques or Creative Cakes by Debbie, cake comes with our package at Sky Meadow!)
    Band- Beantown Band
    Wedding Dress/BM Dress/ Men's Tux- David's Bridal and Men's Wearhouse
    Invitations- Probably Bed Bath and Beyond, they have this really cool seal and send invitation I'm in love with.
    I still need to do chair covers and limousine but other than that I think all the major vendors are booked! I'm a little bored actually, I don't know what else I can work on! I'm almost done collecting all of the guest list addresses (and entering them into excel for a mail merge address label printing thing) too which I think is huge!
  • I recently hired LauraLeighPhotography! one of my friends used her for her wedding and they loved her. She does a lot of weddings and portraits, so i'm sure she know a lot of nice spots for engagement photos!

• Hi NikkiJ13...fellow sky meadow bride here! Did you go to the tasting last night? We have some tough choices to make :) I am going to meet with McElroy films today...they have a bridal show/10 percent off deal today only. Recommend booking on the spot? Also I am going to meet with lyndsey lording in a couple weeks! How was she? How small are the small centerpieces in her cheapest package? Thanks in advance for your feedback!! K
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards