Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

signage

Another quick question :)

So we are tipping out our bartenders before the wedding. I want guests to know not to tip since it has been taken care of already. Does anyone know any cute or a way that I should put it on a sign?

I tried a google search and can't really seem to get any ideas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: signage

• courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't put out a sign, TBH. I would just ask that they not have any kind of tip jar out to tempt guests to tip. I would be more apt to tip if it were in my face, but at an event like a wedding I don't think that people will be overly tempted to. Some people will tip regardless out of generosity, but it won't be an overwhelming majority.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_signage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:586a03bd-8056-4f6b-a737-e6b0e62f8db0Post:37d85f41-ffd6-40d9-9499-d51d26486050">Re: signage</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't put out a sign, TBH. I would just ask that they not have any kind of tip jar out to tempt guests to tip. I would be more apt to tip if it were in my face, but at an event like a wedding I don't think that people will be overly tempted to. Some people will tip regardless out of generosity, but it won't be an overwhelming majority.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.
  • dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw your post last night, and didn't have an answer, but I think PP are correct.  No tip jar is often a good signal.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should also explain this before hand to the bartenders so that they don't make one on their own.  I think they did that at Marissa's wedding and it did not go over well. 
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with others-and tell the bartendars if any one ask where to put a tip, just have the bartendarsw say that it's been taken care of.
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_signage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:586a03bd-8056-4f6b-a737-e6b0e62f8db0Post:b4146cbe-bb89-4c47-93a3-4bdcbef943ce">Re: signage</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agree with others-and<strong> tell the bartendars if any one ask where to put a tip, just have the bartendarsw say that it's been taken care of</strong>.
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

I wish I could trust humanity as much as you do. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards