April 2012 Weddings

I said Yes to the Dress!

I went dress shopping in NYC on Saturday with my Mom, and my two MOHs. We checked out The White Gown in Brooklyn first and then Pronovias flagship in Manhattan. I had called ahead of time and let them know that I was a plus size bride, what I liked (lace, embellishments, sparkle, drama and fitted dresses) and what I didn't like (satin, rusching). They reassured me they had what I was looking for but when I got to both salons it was a different story. The White Gown told me to come back when they have more dresses for curvy girls. They were nice about it but it was a huge disappointment. Pronovias just wouldn't give up. They were honest that they had sold the majority fo their plus size samples to make room for the 2012 collection. The consultant I had, Lenore, was so friendly and really wanted to help me. So much so that she called up another salon down the street to see what they had. My Mom asked to speak to a manager becuase she was so upset that I was misled over the phone. The first manager was not nice at all, but the second manager, Elise, was the bomb. She was the director at Kleinfeld's so we recognized her from the show. She is a lot thinner and much prettier in person. Anywho, she pulled the dress that I ended up getting. I am in love with her.

Introducing Pronovias Gomera:

I am altering the neckline to a sweetheart and I added the belt.

Re: I said Yes to the Dress!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards