September 2012 Weddings

Help us decide please!

FI and I met with a travel agent today to discuss HM options. We have it narrowed down to either Aruba or Jamaica. We're looking for an AI, preferably adults only, preferably on the beach. We have a few resorts in mind, and they all seem to be around the same price.

Can anyone recommend a resort? We'd like to stay under $5000 (including airfare). TIA!
Anniversary

Re: Help us decide please!

• We are contemplating Jamaico too... but we'd really love to go to Turks and Caicos.

We were told that the Sandals resorts are amazing - by travel agents and friends.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm not sure of the pricing at it was a firm-sponsored trip, but I stayed at Seacrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay Jamaica this past October and it was amazing!!

We paid $400 per person (including airfare from baltimore) for Thursday - Sunday. Granted, I'm sure we were given a special group rate and part of the price was subsidized by my company.

But - I don't think it's ridiculously expensive and it was really nice! And the staff was great! Good luck!
    Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so jealous!  FI is not a beach guy, so we wont have anything like that.  Someday he does want to go to Hawaii for Christmas, but not for a few more years.

Whatever you decide, best of luck and have fun!
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • We are going to Sandals St Lucia for about $5,000.00.  They do have packages less expensive too.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sandals montego bay is AMAZING!!  i LOVE LOVE LOVE It there!!!  last time I went i think i spent probably between 2500 - 3k (including air) for just me but stayed for 9 days and that was in a beachfront room... i think it was considered a honeymoon suite. 
    January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I went to Aruba last year during Christmas time. I LOVED IT. It's such an amazing island. Extremely friendly people, Dutch european feel, and not humid at all. It was a perfectly dry 85 degrees the entire time- awesome. No rain. Also outside the hurricane belt. The best part is- it's so safe! So safe! I recommend no all inclusive. There are SO many restaurants and bars within walking distance. We loved walking around and discovering new places, we traveled pretty much the whole island. One time I was at the post office to mail postcards and a local insisted that I go in front of him! He said that the whole island basically works in the tourist industry and that since this is their lively hood they treat their tourists well. At a cafe I was lamenting that I didn't get any square change yet (one of the coins is square) and overheard me and brought one over! We stayed at the hyatt. It was probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. Amazing. We also went on a great snorkeling trip. Something about pirates? Pirate something company?
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!

122image 110image 12image
  • Oh forgot to comment on the adults only. The hyatt was mostly couples. A few couples had infants but no kids. No large college party groups. Very romantic. We found the whole island like that. Mostly couples on vacation and not much of a party atmosphere- I was actually surprised since my last vacay was to cancun lol talk about a party hotspot. Haha sorry if I sound like a freaking TA I just had a really good trip. 2 months later FI asked me to marry him :)
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!

122image 110image 12image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards