Not Engaged Yet

Which TV Couple

All these "getting to know you" questions plus a discussion with SO last night had me thinking... 

Which TV couple are you and your SO most like?

My SO and I are Mulder and Scully all the way from the little facial expressions, jestures, manner of speech, etc.  Plus, I swear every time we watch some spacy show on the Science channel (read: every other day) its like the X-Files in our living room with his eagerness and "belief" and my practicality and doubt.  We sorta look like them too even though I currently have blond hair and SO is the Indian version of Mulder.  What about you? 

Re: Which TV Couple

• Barney and Robin from How I Met Your Mother. Totally.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • We are Lilly and Marshall from HIMYM.. not only in attitude.. but people tell us we look(ish) like them. I'll take it
  • That's a hard one! Maybe Shawn and Juliet from Psych...but our relationship is actually more like Shawn and Gus's than Shawn and Juilet's.

• I would have to say Claire and Phil from Modern Family. Without the three kids. 
  • Shrek and Fiona.  You should see FI down a turkey leg.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_which-tv-couple?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2297ad4d-9aeb-4c5c-bc58-a718348ef4f0Post:989f0d07-492d-435d-84b7-f3d5a72f5838">Re: Which TV Couple</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are Lilly and Marshall from HIMYM.. not only in attitude.. but people tell us we look(ish) like them. I'll take it
    Posted by abwatts[/QUOTE]

This is what I would say for us too, but I don't think we look like them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_which-tv-couple?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2297ad4d-9aeb-4c5c-bc58-a718348ef4f0Post:eb06aad5-bb28-432e-874a-d60279f93f5a">Re: Which TV Couple</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which TV Couple : This is what I would say for us too, but I don't think we look like them. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say we are their complete dopplegangers, but close enough :) (BF likes to think he is more like Barney though, so delusional! )
  • In Response to Re:Which TV Couple:[QUOTE]I would have to say Claire and Phil from Modern Family. Without the three kids.nbsp; Posted by thelamarrs[/QUOTE]

This is what H and I always say! We are both individually and collectively similar to them.
    5/27/12
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    Maybe Booth and Bones, though I am not as dry and analytical as Bones. My other idea would be Castle and Beckett, especially in the earlier seasons of "Castle." Castle says outrageous things and Beckett gives him the evil eye.
  • Brian Baumler and his wife (do you guys have House of Brian in the US? I'm not sure). I love watching them cause I feel like I'm watching us 10 years from now (when we have little kids and more money). It's a bit creepy, because it's a reality show and they're a real couple, but whatever, they entertain us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Frylock and Master Shake from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and I am totally Frylock.

• I can't think of anything for us really.... nothing comes to mind at all.  

Anniversary

• Jim and Pam from The Office! We worked together and had the same basic dynamic they did and everything. The only difference is, neither of us were engaged.

Fun fact: my bf doesn't like Jim because he hit on Pam knowing she was engaged to Roy.
  • Napoleon Dynamite and Deb, definitely.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • I usually think Lily and Marshall for us too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is such a hard question!  I was trying to rack my brain, but I think Lily and Marshal is a good answer for us as well (even though I was trying to think of someone different).  We are very sweet to each other and we act a lot like they do in friend groups.  Plus, I have a full time job, while Fiance is in school and spends a lot of time studying. (med school).  We look nothing like them though- fiance looks a lot like Jake Gyllenhaal and I just look like myself.
    "You're not my life but you're the one I want to spend it with. You're not my world but you're the best thing in it."
  • That is such a hard question!  I was trying to rack my brain, but I think Lily and Marshal is a good answer for us as well (even though I was trying to think of someone different).  We are very sweet to each other and we act a lot like they do in friend groups.  Plus, I have a full time job, while Fiance is in school and spends a lot of time studying. (med school).  We look nothing like them though- fiance looks a lot like Jake Gyllenhaal and I just look like myself.
    "You're not my life but you're the one I want to spend it with. You're not my world but you're the best thing in it."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards