Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

NWR: New DWTS Cast

Did anyone catch the 'big reveal' of the new DWTS cast during the Bachelor Pad last night? I'm interested to see what others though about the cast...

I personally think they are scrounging to get 'stars' and I'm a little disappointed with the selections. I am intrigued to see Bristol Palin and The Situation - lol - dancing and was absolutely ASTOUNDED at how different Jennifer Grey looks!! What did she do to herself?!? Other than that I'm not too excited for this season but will most likely be watching anyway...

Re: NWR: New DWTS Cast

• edited December 2011
    Who's going to be on? I've been saying for a couple of seasons now that I'm not going to watch anymore but then there's always someone that sucks me in...

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    I hate Bristol Palin... so yuck on that.

Florence Henderson?? Why do they always have to have a token older person.

Jennifer Gray had a nose job.

David Hasselhoff?? he'll be wasted.

I do like Margaret Cho.

I'm not a fan of DWTS anyways, so I guess i can't comment to much.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Got this from a site:

The Women

Brandy: The former R&B star will be dancing. Her brother, Ray J, famously made a sex tape with former DWTS celeb Kim Kardashian, so it would be hilarious if she got paired with her partner, Mark Ballas.

Florence Henderson: Filling out the token old person spot is Carol Brady. At 76 years old, she's definitely pushing the envelope.

Bristol Palin: The daughter of the former governor of Alaska will be dancing, and if anyone attacks her, they'll have a swarm of mama grizzlies to fend off.

Margaret Cho: The stand-up comedian seems like she'll be more of a Jeffrey Ross (dead last) instead of a Niecy Nash (winning America's hearts one jiggly part at a time).

Jennifer Grey: Patrick Swayze's Dirty Dancing partner, her role in that move is the only reason she's on this show and also the only thing anyone remembers her for doing.

Audrina Patridge: The star of The Hills seems destined for an early departure, mostly because no one who watches DWTS will know or care who she is.

The Men

The Situation: The ab-showing Jersey Shore star will be forced upon one of the unlucky pro dancers who will have to pretend that he's actually a star. His style may work for MTV, but I doubt it will travel to the middle America moms who watch DWTS.

Michael Bolton: Welcome to the '90s. I'll be curious to see if all those women who used to love Bolton will flock back.

Kurt Warner: NFL stars typically do very well on this show, but this is the first time they've ever had a quarterback. At least hen-pecked husbands will have something to look forward to each week.

David Hasselhoff: The Hoff and his legions of German fans will surely make for the cheesiest dancer of the season, topping the Situation.

Rick Fox: The former NBA star, former husband to Vanessa Williams and current boyfriend of Eliza Dushku is used to winning everything, so he might be the early frontrunner.

Kyle Massey: The token "Who???" cast member who came out of nowhere, Massey is best known to your kids as Cory from That's So Raven and Cory in the House on Disney Channel. His being included on this list is sooooo NOT raven.

The professional partners will be announced on Wednesday. Season 11 of Dancing with the Stars will premiere Monday, September 20 at 8pm on ABC.
  • edited December 2011
    Eh, no one who is really too intriguing in that bunch. Seems like a lot of people who have the potential to suck big time. We'll see.

Vacation

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    J - I agree... I can't stand Bristol Palin but think it might be amusing to see her try to dance! lol! And Jennifer Grey should have stayed the way she was! She looked a million times better as Baby!
  • JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I probably won't watch. Maybe just to see the Situation lol. I liked Audrina on the Hills, but I'm sure she won't be good and will just be wearing the skimpiest outfits ever. If they got Betty White as the "token old person," I bet she would win.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_nwr-new-dwts-cast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:f74595f7-c5d8-4b1f-a084-fd1d536f443bPost:7db026b1-4609-44a7-8274-554d9f3c32cd">Re: NWR: New DWTS Cast</a>:
    [QUOTE]I probably won't watch. Maybe just to see the Situation lol. I liked Audrina on the Hills, but I'm sure she won't be good and will just be wearing the skimpiest outfits ever. If they got Betty White as the "token old person," I bet she would win.
    Posted by JamieK1882[/QUOTE]

Can't be any skimpier than Edyta's outfits, she takes that category every single season...

(Although I always say that if I had her body, I'd probably wear those outfits too, haha)

Vacation

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Edyta or Karina... she's usually pretty skimpy as well, but I think Edyta def takes the cake on that one - but I too would wear those skimpy, sparkly things if I had their bodies! lol
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011

agree on getting betty as the "token old person"... i'm pretty sure I won't watch too much of the show this season.. not really interested in any of the people..Although i did hear that Edyta will not be on the show this season...

also, Gianna, I just realized I never replied to your Bachelor Pad question from the GM post! Last night was the first time i watched it
    ..and I was kinda confused as to the concept of the show... is it just to not get kicked off so you win the $$$? I guess I find Elizabeth ok.. Tenley was getting on my nerves a bit last night ... she's just too too cute! I agree about Peyton.. she seems the most real and I liked how she was very truthful about her feelings during the date with Jesse B... I can't say i'm "hooked" on the show yet - but i'll def tune in again!

• edited December 2011
    I stopped watching it since Cloris Leachman was on a few seasons ago- couldn't stand her. That show just doesn't appeal to me anymore, just like AI grew old.
  • anne513anne513 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't usually watch but I def might watch this season for the entertainment!
    Plus, I love Situation hahaha! He's so funny.
  • edited December 2011
    Anne -- I was thinking the same thing!   I just want to see if these people have an ounce of talent.  I was driving to work this morning listening to the morning Freak Show and thought to myself, "I can't believe they're going to get me to watch.  I'm such a sucker!"  LoL.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • anne513anne513 member
    edited December 2011
    Megan- It's def a train wreck situation...you don't want to look but can't help watching!
  • pabride2010pabride2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i wonder if the sitch will dance with sunglasses on every time.  and i also hate bristol palin and find it very irritating that she is all up in reality shows now.  i hope jennifer grey busts out some awesome moves in honor of the swayze!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards