Snarky Brides

I SO want to slap that girl.....

Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:2027e138-9e6f-4a47-8390-4e64f904abc6">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : She and I have had it out about it.  She refuses to see things in any way other than her own, and when I ask her to give me the reason she feels this way, she gets angry and the conversation ends...... Don't get me wrong ladies, I love my sister and I know that deep down somewhere she probably had my best interests at heart, but when she can't even give me a good reason why she dispises him so, it makes me so angry with her.  I love FI and I don't want to lose him over this, but I also don't want to lose my sister.  My final thoughts are this.  <strong>When the first niece or nephew comes along I'm sure her frame of mind with come around.  It's just a matter of time I guess.</strong>
    Posted by SSutton14[/QUOTE]

Kids will doubtfully be a solution to this problem.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:3924c4d4-71f6-495d-9f77-ddfbb573c423">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : Sorry love, I just don't type fast enough. The rest of the family doesn't have an issue with him.  They like him.
    Please don't call me "love."  You don't know me well enough for that.

Given this information, and the fact that she can't tell you why she feels this way, I'd say you tell her to back off.  You FI is about to become your family and he comes first.  If it comes down to her or him, in the end he needs to win or your marriage will be over.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:382602ba-62f8-4614-a363-f3cd54729c3e">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : Kids will doubtfully be a solution to this problem.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

My sister and I actually have a way better relationship since she became a mother, but part of that may have been both of us growing up, and also she has other things to focus on rather than making my life miserable. When we were teenagers, having us in the same room was like putting a chicken and a mongoose in a burlap sack.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:8138d043-d904-4b7b-9869-465bec0ad0c4">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : My sister and I actually have a way better relationship since she became a mother, but part of that may have been both of us growing up, and also she has other things to focus on rather than making my life miserable. <strong>When we were teenagers, having us in the same room was like putting a chicken and a mongoose in a burlap sack.
    </strong>Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

I HATED my sister when we shared a room growing up, we fought all the time. But when she went away for college and got her own place we've become best friends.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:8138d043-d904-4b7b-9869-465bec0ad0c4">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : My sister and I actually have a way better relationship since she became a mother, but part of that may have been both of us growing up, and also she has other things to focus on rather than making my life miserable. <strong>When we were teenagers, having us in the same room was like putting a chicken and a mongoose in a burlap sack.</strong>
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

That's insane Zippity.

I definitely know that every situation is different. Just based upon what the OP said, I wouldn't count on her BSC sister suddenly loving the OP's FI, just because they had a baby, KWIM?
  • Yeah, I smell what you're stepping in. It helps that my BIL is awesome and repairs my A/C and other appliances for free.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:38d0d5e8-4b79-4150-be11-8746f530b694">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : That's insane Zippity. I definitely know that every situation is different. Just based upon what the OP said, I wouldn't count on her BSC sister suddenly loving the OP's FI, just because they had a baby, KWIM?

I feel ya.  She might love the <strong>baby,</strong> that doesn't mean she'll come around and like the husband.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:38d0d5e8-4b79-4150-be11-8746f530b694">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : That's insane Zippity. I definitely know that every situation is different. Just based upon what the OP said, I wouldn't count on her BSC sister suddenly loving the OP's FI, just because they had a baby, KWIM?
    ITA, and actually a fear of mine would be that she might treat your future child like a second class citizen just because your FI is it's father.  That's why this needs to be handled now.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:1574a851-fb48-44c0-b0bb-95f4ee0a294b">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : Thank you!  I feel like I'm being ignored.  Maybe you'll get an answer.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>you're not being ignored B ::waves:::</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:51c4ea78-fc82-46ba-b788-c24d511b34f0">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : ITA, and actually a fear of mine would be that <strong>she might treat your future child like a second class citizen just because your FI is it's father</strong>.  That's why this needs to be handled now.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. The only problem having a baby solves is infertility.
  • Thank god! I thought I may have been banned again ;)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • My sister used to be like this when she was single and miserable in her own life. She didn't want to see anyone happy. Once she finally found the one and married him it was a totally different story. She went from "hating" everyone I dated to liking everyone. You know what they say, Misery loves company. How is your sisters situation? Maybe she is lonely and wants you all to herself or is just jealous of your relationship with him.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My advice is to try to seperate the two relationships. First have a talk with her and tell her you've heard her opinion of your FI (repeatedly), but that you love him and ARE going to spend the rest of your life with him, and as your sister she needs to let you be happy and ask her to simply be polite and cordial. They don't need to hang out or be friends, but she can't make the entire family uncomfortable everytime you all get together, that's not fair to anyone. And she doesn't need to like him, that's HER problem. In a perfect world she would, or at least would give a good reason as to why she doesn't. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that she's single? I think it's a jealousy issue first and foremost. You two were probably BFFs when you were both single and when you have a man in your life you spend less time with her and she gets really jealous, am I right? I know people like this which is why I make the conjecture.

Have a solid relationship with your sister, hang out with her from time to time just the two of you. And make sure your FI knows that it doesn't matter what she thinks, your relationship is solid. I wouldn't be able to write off one of my sisters if they were being an douche and hating my FI for no reason, I'd just have to make the best of it, that's my advice. Short of that if it's a whole she's single and jealous issue - find her a date!

Photobucket
  • I am more frustrated with my fiances brother and Best Man....so I understand where you are coming from...he's not negative or anything like that.  However, he wants to be the best man so bad he says he wants to get to know me better and spend time with us but makes no efforts and has even cut the both of us out of his life.  We're not invited to family parties that they have and don't even know his 2 children.  We blame this mainly on his wife...however I try and keep a positive out look as much as possible, even tho I'd love to tell my fiance to forget it and ask someone else to be his best man.  Family BS, I feel, always seems to come with wedding territory.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.
    ~a~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:baf46919-279d-46de-a3e6-990d4877f480">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank god! I thought I may have been banned again ;)

Lol...oh, B.  :)
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:3924c4d4-71f6-495d-9f77-ddfbb573c423">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : <strong>Sorry love</strong>, I just don't type fast enough. The rest of the family doesn't have an issue with him.  They like him.

I used to work with a girl that called everyone that.  It made my skin crawl.
    I snapped one day, made a big deal about it, and everyone else chimed in.
    She stopped using it, but I should've taken care of it earlier instead of snapping. So please don't use that here, I picture you petting a skin suit.

I have a sister that I have a really hot/cold realtionship with.  Sometimes we're best friends, and other times she drives me bonkers.  She has some jealousy issues because we chose different life paths, and I'm convinced that sometimes she just hates to see me happy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:bbd3cde0-9218-498f-9e54-79a5127981cf">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like being called love. It reminds me of Morrissey's Lucky Lisp.

I like it too, my grandpa called my sisters and I this all the time, mostly because he'd forget which one of us was which, I find it endearing. Perhaps a little familiar, but endearing.

I also like it when old ladies call me honey, sweetie, sugar etc. I also find that endearing. But only old ladies, any other stranger that does it gives me the creeps.

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:2c457eac-f674-4a74-97e9-09044faab8fa">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I SO want to slap that girl..... : I picture Mrs. Lovett from Sweeny Todd, Bonham Carter's character.With the British accent and everything.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I always think of small town diner waitresses whenever someone says love, sweety, hun etc It annoys me too.
  • I'll take sweetie/honey/dear over biitch any day.
  • Maybe your sister hates his guts because he tried to touch her boobs once.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Love is the only one that annoys me.
    Sweetie, sugar, are all fine.

I prefer Ma'am, I've never been offended by that.  But a lot of people are.

Zippity, you're right.  I'll take any of those over something derogatory any day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:61c87797-8944-4cd3-be40-717ec7f2a254">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll take sweetie/honey/dear over biitch any day.
    Well yeah, if those are my only options, I would too, but we aren't limited to those options.  I would just prefer for total strangers to not act like we're familiar. 
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • So it's a no-go on "girlfriend?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:202a07b2-602d-4619-b84d-9aeb4dcf952a">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]So it's a no-go on "girlfriend?"
    For OP, yes.  For you, no.  See, we have had some sort of interaction before so it wouldn't strike me as so odd if you said something like that.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:ff288a25-b259-43c2-bc1f-e71b5f0de5fe">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I may have missed your other posts....who are you.. Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

Wait. I thought we weren't supposed to ask people who they were or how long they've been posting. Am I confused?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:0f68696b-9ed3-40ec-a407-628b70cb4d29">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love is the only one that annoys me. Sweetie, sugar, are all fine. I prefer Ma'am, I've never been offended by that.  But a lot of people are. Zippity, you're right.  I'll take any of those over something derogatory any day.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

There's just something about ma'am that makes me feel old. A cashier said to me the other day "have a nice day, ma'am." I felt about 65 years old.
  • There was a waitress at the Red Lobster when I was growing up that would call  me "M'Lady" every time she served us. I loved her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:db776b55-578f-439d-83c3-3d493f43f348">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]There was a waitress at the Red Lobster when I was growing up that would call  me "M'Lady" every time she served us. I loved her.
    H and I went out for his B-day one year and our waiter was clearly drunker than a skunk.  He kept calling my girlfriend and I "M'Lady" or "Darling".  He also kept making "Pew Pew" sound effects every time he dropped something off at the table.  Best dinner experience of my life.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • The lady that works in our cafeteria calls me honey all the time, and I love her.  She's so sweet though.  She could probably get away with calling me a shameless slutbag and I'd still love her if she said it with that sweet smile on her face.

I have a guy friend who recently got engaged - but for the longest time, he'd had this from-a-distance crush on me.  He always called me "hun."  Drove me apeshit.  When he texted me to tell me he was engaged (he texted a pic of the ring, too) I replied "Hey man that's awesome, congrats!" and he then says, "Thanks, hun!"  ...gross.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-slap-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f0c8ee1-b63e-42fa-a7ac-b19e6b421dcaPost:1f2b9673-4e87-40d3-8ec7-4cdd53021c35">Re: I SO want to slap that girl.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]The lady that works in our cafeteria calls me honey all the time, and I love her.  She's so sweet though.  She could probably get away with calling me a shameless slutbag and I'd still love her if she said it with that sweet smile on her face. I have a guy friend who recently got engaged - but for the longest time, he'd had this from-a-distance crush on me.  He always called me "hun."  Drove me apeshit.  When he texted me to tell me he was engaged (he texted a pic of the ring, too) I replied "Hey man that's awesome, congrats!" and he then says, <strong>"Thanks, hun!"  ...gross.</strong>
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I hate hate hate this! When guys call me hun I want to call them scumbag. There is no way to say "hun" without coming off scummy.</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards