Chit Chat

Great Idea!!!!!!

So I have started looking for gift ideas for my bm's. I know it is early but I figured if I could find something I really wanted I could get it ordered ahead of time or even at a discount. I figured why not a bath bombs!? What better way to relax after a wedding? I ordered one just to see what they were like and talk about great and they come in all kind of smells. I had to share and wanted to ask is that a good idea? It won't be the only gift; it will be in the bm's gift bags. Feed back is appreciated.

Re: Great Idea!!!!!!

• Are any of your girls sensitive to smells? I'm allergic to many scented items, so a bath bomb given to me would be either thrown out or re-gifted.
  •  They are. I only feel comfortable with it because they are all very close friends and family. I also asked them first(: They thought it would be a great idea. Yaga I understand about your skin mine is too and so is my sisters  but these are organic all natural and some are vegan friendly. They are all hand made and special order. I haven't had a reaction to them yet. I like that idea because then I can make sure to add stuff or leave it out based on what they would like.
  • If you already asked them and they thought it was a great idea, why the hell are you asking the internet?  Our opinions don't matter.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • First off I wanted to share it as I stated and Second because I didn't know if anyone else had done it before or had a better idea. Just because they thought it was a great idea  doesn't mean that it is what I am going to do. It was just a question to them. I didn't ask the internet so to speak I asked experienced brides and brides to be about their take on it. Thanks for your input though and the opinions do matter because maybe someone has a better idea.
  • I understand, I figured someone would be like well that works but my gifts were such and such...it's just not die hard set in stone and I was just looking for ideas. I would like to hear some of yours ideas though? Just cause you don't know them doesn't mean you won't have an awesome idea? Or that is how I feel
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_great-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:726bcb38-23b2-4b72-ac36-14ca628b8296Post:9eeca2ef-1cf8-4610-9a0a-3ce697ff615a">Re: Great Idea!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] They are. I only feel comfortable with it because they are all very close friends and family. I also asked them first(: They thought it would be a great idea. Yaga I understand about your skin mine is too and so is my sisters  but these are organic all natural and some are vegan friendly. They are all hand made and special order. I haven't had a reaction to them yet. I like that idea because then I can make sure to add stuff or leave it out based on what they would like.
    Posted by smmessinger[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If your BM's all thought bath bombs would be a great idea, then go for it. You could even choose different scents for each of them if you know what kind of scents they're into! I think it would be a nice addition to their gift bags.</div><div>
    </div><div>Having said that, do you think your BM's would simply <em>say </em>that they would love a bath bomb as a gift when they in fact wouldn't? It's kind of hard to tell someone that the gift they want to give you, sucks!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love "LUSH" products! They have great bath bombs. Baths are amazing. I always take a shower after to rinse off, but baths are so relaxing! 
  • For what it's worth, I LOVE bath products of all types, and so do many of the women I know.

But I agree that this shouldn't be the only gift (I know you didn't say it was).  It's definitely a fun little extra to put in a gift bag, though.

SaveSave
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_great-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:726bcb38-23b2-4b72-ac36-14ca628b8296Post:a9a844bf-fedb-4bbf-82fb-d8f53a976a26">Re: Great Idea!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you already asked them and they thought it was a great idea, why the hell are you asking the internet?  Our opinions don't matter.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Stop pooping on peoples ideas...Let her have her moment, like people let you have yours! </div><div>
    </div><div>If you like it run with it!!!</div>
  • Yeah, I think if you know them, and know what kinds of scents they like, then go for it. I saw someone else mention LUSH, and I must second that it is my favorite store to spend a ton of money in. I'm actually a shower girl to get clean,but a bath girl to relax, and one of those bombs makes me happy. Funnily enough, my best friend and I both bought each other the exact same bomb one Christmas (Cinders, it's awesome). 

I can see that being a really cute and personalized addition to a gift. Like, I love the scent of lemons and lavender, so a bomb that had my favorite scent or scents would be both useful and I would know that thought was put into picking it out. 
  • I like the idea, but I also get that it might be for everyone.  I have never purchased/used a bath bomb, but I have a friend that loves them, and from the way I understand it you can use them in the shower as well.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I like the idea as a component of one of the gifts you'll give!

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards