Attire & Accessories Forum

When do wedding dresses go on sale?

I am looking to get married next June and was wondering if there is a time of year when wedding dresses go on sale?  Perhaps when the new dresses come out for the season.

Re: When do wedding dresses go on sale?

• It all depends on the store/ designer.  Some dresses like mine never go on sale and are excluded from all promotions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • A lot of salons are having sample sales right now. (I've received emails/postcards from 4 salons in the past 3 weeks).    The fall line came out in Feb/March, and they are just getting the samples of those in and need to clear out some of the older designs.

I was considering another dress, and I got a $895.00 dress for about $300.00 2 weeks ago.

• I would go during a Holiday weekend.  I got a major deal on my dress ($550 off) because it was the Memorial Day Weekend sale.  Check before you shop though, not all of the stores I went to had sales.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm with the previous poster on buying a sample. My shop also included a cleaning with the sale of my dress. I got a sample that retailed for 3700 for 900 due to winning 500 off a dress and buying a sample of a dress that was discontinued for 2800 at half off at 1400. Note that sometimes samples are stretched a little, my sample was the smallest size they built and apparently most women couldnt get into the dress so it was in much better condition than the larger one with limited stretching.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I guess you are looking for sth with low price and high quality.  that's what I need, too.  Online store would be a good choice. I booked mine at dailyshop.com which I found on pinterest. hope this might help. dear.
  • No, stay away from online stores. They are often knock offs that are horrible quality.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_when-do-wedding-dresses-go-on-sale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:d85cffcf-a669-47c8-b55d-5a20e0370e8cPost:34cea2b1-e25d-4631-b0a3-8119438ee99b">Re: When do wedding dresses go on sale?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A lot of salons are having sample sales right now. (I've received emails/postcards from 4 salons in the past 3 weeks).    The fall line came out in Feb/March, and they are just getting the samples of those in and need to clear out some of the older designs. I was considering another dress, and I got a $895.00 dress for about $300.00 2 weeks ago.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

How have you gotten on the mailing lists for these things?! Wow. That sounds lovely.

Also, are sample sales in all sizes? And would it be wise to be sized at someplace like David's, or would someplace else be a wise decision?
    June 2013 Signature Challenge
    Favorite Sports Team
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I was hesitant about going to a sample sale until I bought my dress for $180, which was 80% off.  I'm not sure about when they are this time of year, but I know that a bunch of places in my area (Boston) had them starting in the middle of November.  I went the day after Thanksgiving when I got mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards