Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

e-pics makeup

Hi ladies,

I had my makeup done for my epics. I liked the overall look of it but in person it looks heavy. In pictures it looks good. I did have that smokey eyeshadow and had false lashes put on but if you look upclose you can see my pores which I did not like. 

This is my first time getting a pro to put makeup on me so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm doing a less dramatic makeup for my wedding. So here's the thing she did not use liquid foundation on me and just used powder. I noticed my face looked a bit dry and the makeup looked like it was sort of cracking but this is an upclose look. She told me not to put moisturizer. I'm not sure why though because I think I could have used a little bit. 

I just wanted to have that very silky finish look in pics and in person. I am going to do a trial for my wedding so I'm not sure what to suggest to change. 

Re: e-pics makeup

• maybe suggest maybe air brush foundation. 
    Vacation Anniversary
  • I've always read everywhere to make sure your skin is very well moisturized before applying any foundation, so I'm not entirely sure why she told you no moisturizer! Did she put a primer on you? Primers are supposed to minimize the pores showing through the foundation. Maybe try it with a liquid foundation since you felt so dry?

You could also try the airbrushing like PP suggests. I have no experience or suggestions for that... but people tend to really like airbrushing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_e-pics-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:5aa752bf-a3b8-4b1a-9fe3-90780e8e2e57Post:6971ce48-60de-4fcd-ad2e-f5b2d1275df7">Re: e-pics makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've always read everywhere to make sure your skin is very well moisturized before applying any foundation, so I'm not entirely sure why she told you no moisturizer! Did she put a primer on you? Primers are supposed to minimize the pores showing through the foundation. Maybe try it with a liquid foundation since you felt so dry? You could also try the airbrushing like PP suggests. I have no experience or suggestions for that... but people tend to really like airbrushing.
    Posted by amylee545[/QUOTE]

Yeah I always put moisturizer on my face whenever I do my makeup because it's a bit dry and it looks a bit flakey. To be honest I have no clue what she put on my face because she was putting false lashes on me and my eyes were closed because the glue was drying.

I do know that she said she put concealer on my face then used powder after that but I just found that because my face was dry the powder just kind of made lines around my frown lines and when i looked up close you can see dry patches covered in powder.

On the plus side of it it looked great in photos and the make up lasted all day.
  • Hi, I am a professional makeup artist.  I have been doing makeup for 7 years.  I think you need another artist.  You should ALWAYS moisturize the skin first, wether the person is oily, dry, normal...whatever.  You should look into a high-definition foundation or air-brush.  If you use a primer make sure it is a water based one,  silicone primers can tend to make your skin look drier.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate : )
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_e-pics-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5aa752bf-a3b8-4b1a-9fe3-90780e8e2e57Post:b48b6474-02a3-45ff-a12d-00ed4d655dc5">Re: e-pics makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I am a professional makeup artist.  I have been doing makeup for 7 years.  I think you need another artist.  You should ALWAYS moisturize the skin first, wether the person is oily, dry, normal...whatever.  You should look into a high-definition foundation or air-brush.  If you use a primer make sure it is a water based one,  silicone primers can tend to make your skin look drier.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate : )
    Posted by kellyangel990[/QUOTE]
    Hey there,<div>
    </div><div>Thanks, I think I will just talk to her about the dryness and just some of the changes I would like to make with the makeup. I am waiting to see the engagement pics and see how it looks. She did tell me to exfoliate as I get closer to the date however I find that when I use powder makeup on my face I tend to see the dry areas on my face more.When I use liquid foundation it doesn't have that dryness to it but I do get more oily so I have to blot more often.</div>
  • edited June 2011
    Kellyangel - How much does it cost usually to get airbrushed makeup done professionally? Would you know averages? I know you said that you are a professional makeup artist. Just wondering :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards